1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up this beautiful Hi-Standard GB at a local gunshow here in VA SAT, it was produced in 1948-1949, aside from some holster wear it is pristine, and shoots incredibly accurate, shown next to my WWI replica Colt for Contrast.
BTW, I paid $250!!!!! Can't believe it!

John

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow....that has to be the gun show buy of the Century for $250.00. You did well!

And I was begining to believe that the guns show finds of old were gone.:hrm:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The gun had no price on it, I chatted with the owner, then asked the price. He said $275., I offered $250, he took it. The next row over there was a model G in a little rougher shape with the 6 3/4" barrel for $285.! I kick myself for not grabbing that one too. These guns are light weight, tack-drivers! I was holding a 3" pattern at 100' with it! They are a very comfy, light, and easy gun to shoot, the stock trigger pull is 3.5 lbs, I want another with the long barrel!

Oh, and BTW, I saw a BEAUTIFUL blue Delta Elite as well, a touch cleaner than mine, for sale too. No Box or second mag, serial #9XXX, $750. if anyone is interested, PM me, I've got the guy's card. I didn't dare consider buying it, I would be castrated by She-who-is to-be-obeyed!

John

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Cool. Very nice.
Good deal.
I thought all the High Standard deals were gone.
You gave me hope.
I love High Standards, but only have a few. They were pretty affordable for a while, but have risen in price in the last few years. Maybe some are still out there that I can handle.

·
Administrator
13,319 Posts
Great find John :cool:
Shoot it yet ? I picked up this HD Military recently . Hard to find quality like this these days . Modern technology is better :scratch:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts