1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a really odd question, I'm sure, especially since I could answer it simply by walking down to the local weapon dealer and looking/asking. However, I have the internet right here and this wonderful board to ask.
Another note - this is entirely theoretical. I have no plans to break any laws or anything. Fear not.

Okay, here's the question. I have never actually been inside a gun dealer's store (I'm only nineteen and still in college, where firearms are not allowed; I do, however, plan on joining the pistol community as soon as I can). I am, however, writing a novel and would like to know about the security such stores employ. Are the pistols and rifles chained down? Are they always locked and secured? For instance, if one were to break in to a gun store and try to rob it (assuming the owner was not there to blow his or her head off), would one be able to just take whatever guns and ammo one wanted? Or would this thief need to have a set of keys or - at least - a pair of bolt cutters? This is an end of the world novel and the character needs a weapon and ammo; I am just wondering how easy it would be for him to get one.

Thank you so much for any info you can give!
Christopher

· Administrator
80,888 Posts
Agreed. Thread closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.