1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have had the black one for a while and have 5-600 rounds through it. Flawless with my SD carry ammo, but doesn't like my range ammo as much (PMC). Just got the SS one and haven't be able to get to the range, yet.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
First off, I want to compliment you fellows on the high quality photographs you've taken of my favorite 1911; I've taken some of them and added the photos to my 'gun photos' file...

When I ordered my Guncrafter 1911 (serial #926) I ordered it with a plain barrel with no lettering. By some strange twist, I may have the first 'No Name Model' without actually ordering one :D

Regardless of how it came about, my Guncrafters has been my favorite 1911 for many years now, and it's even better since I ordered the .45 ACP conversion so I can give it a good range workout with the much more economical .45ACP reloads. If you might be sitting on the fence not knowing what custom 1911 might be best for you, I can recommend the Guncrafter product from a long-time user and carrier. I do recommend the conversion kit as well if you are ordering the .50GI caliber....

Thanks once again for the wonderful photos. It made my day when I stumbled across this thread; can't understand why I didn't notice it before....cya

·
Registered
317 Posts
Can I play? Here's my M2 50GI with Esmeralda's ebony grips. Much nicer feel for me than alumagrips.

I sure wish California didn't have such stoopid laws. I would love to have a Guncrafter piece in the hard chrome!

Since this thread is filled with Guncrafter owners, what recoil setup is used most with the 50GI or other bushingless setups? I don't like the idea of needing a pin or paperclip to take the weapon down with the FLGR, but getting the standard GI style plug in place with the heavy spring feels just like stuffing an angry octopus into a test tube. Suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man I saw a model 2 on gunbrokers last night thats had a few rounds thru it for 2300.00 I bought it on the spot. Should have it by this friday, my wife is going to kill me but I got one. Yea, now I just need the 45acp conversion and the surefire light oh and I need a holster like the one on the pic above.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Man I saw a model 2 on gunbrokers last night thats had a few rounds thru it for 2300.00 I bought it on the spot. Should have it by this friday, my wife is going to kill me but I got one. Yea, now I just need the 45acp conversion and the surefire light oh and I need a holster like the one on the pic above.
Yep. Your wife might use your newly bought model 2 to kill you. Lol

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Don't tell you bought it..... simple. It's just one on the old ones in the safe.:rofl:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I buy and sell enough guns that my wife doesn't have a clue when I bring a new one home, and after 24 years of marriage, she doesn't even question me about the subject.:cool:

My GI No Name should have been shipped today.:rock:

21 - 40 of 296 Posts