1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I have my first guncrafter coming in as a 9mm No Name that I should have before Christmas. I am really excited about it is my first full size 9mm (my only other 9mm 1911 is officer size).

I have a deposit on a Wilson Supergrade currently and own another Nighthawk GRP. Now I am thinking about whether to plunk some money down on a guncrafter model 1 with the 45 conversion.

Another alternative would be a 10mm with a 40 conversion but I think I would like the 50 cal more since I think (correct me if I am wrong), is more reliable and less damaging to the 1911 frame.

Has anyone shot a lot of rounds through their 45 conversion? I just want to make sure their magazines (which I believe are proprietary) will be reliable, and that the set up with the conversion unit will be durable enough to shoot many rounds through it. The 50 cal is a neat round, but I don't expect myself to shoot much of it, probably just load it up with a 50 if I ever want to put a smile on my face or take it to the woods as a back up gun for hunting. So I expect that I will be shooting the 45 round a lot more.

Thanks for any feed back guys, tried the search button but didn't see this specific question yet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Dave,

I used to have a Model 2 with both calibers: .50 GI and .45 ACP. I do not miss the Model 2 that much (Right before I sold it, I still could not find a good holster for it, due to its full length dust cover). However, I do miss shooting the .50 GI and .45 ACP rounds from it.

Guncrafter Industries makes the best magazines! Although they have magazines for .50 GI and magazines for .45 ACP, you can use one for both calibers. Just hold one in your hand and you'll know immediately that it is a rock solid magazine! In addition, I've never had problems with the magazines while shooting.

In a year or 2, I'll definitely order a Model 3, if not, a Model 1 for sure. Really miss shooting .50 rounds. I would love to have an American in .50. Don't know if Alex can do that........

·
Registered
124 Posts
I do believe the pressure specs of a .50 GI are a lot lower then a 10. By that logic, I would guess it would be less hard on the gun.
I don't own a Guncrafter, however, I have heard nothing but rave reviews about them on every 1911 forum I have ever seen. People on those forums tend to be super critical, so if the gun passes the forum test it's probably a winner :)
Let me know how the 9mm shoots-those seem to be a little trickier to get going in a 1911

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the help guys. I am still undecided. I might have to just pick up the No Name in 45 only. I am still trying to justify the 50 GI round in my mind. I will keep you guys in mind about any reports for my 9mm. Odds are, just like most guncrafter guns, it is going to be a great shooter and exceptional in quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts