1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who came in late, Pistolsmith Brian Bilby passed away recently. Mad Dog, Dane Burns, myself, Richard Heinie, Ken Hackathorn and several other good souls have pitched together to raise money to help his widowed mother and settle his estate. More info at http://www.burnscustom.com

My personal goal is to sell 20 tickets. To further this goal, I am having a mini raffle of my own, for a set of genuine Mad Dog GunGrips. Buy one ticket, buy 20, one of the next 20 persons to buy Bilby memorial raffle tickets through me will get the GunGrips. Payment via www.paypal.com only, at my email: [email protected]

Value of the grips is $80, your chance is 1 in 20. Don't forget the chance at a MadDog Panther, a Heinie/Burns gun (7 year wait otherwise) and a Burns/Morrison gun ( 2 year wait and growing since Dane got famous
)

[This message has been edited by strider (edited 02-10-2001).]

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few photos

Standard and Polished

Polished Grip

[This message has been edited by strider (edited 02-05-2001).]

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with the Mad Dog grips (hell, there's not with which a lot I *am* familiar)

What can you tell me about them, if you have chance? One thing I noticed was the cut-out near the magazine release. It looks like that might help reduce the amount of grip shifting required to punch out a mag. True?

------------------
Steve "El Roto" G.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Dumb, dumb, dumb. Just saw your post in the other thread.

BTW, Wow!

------------------
Steve "El Roto" G.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hey Strider...Those grips look pretty interesting...What knife/knives come with them? I haven't seen a pic of knives usin' them, but I'd like to...What's the address?

Also...The stocks look a little fat in the picture...Can you confirm this? I have little girls hands and I'm usin' a SA right now...So...that's 2 strikes already! Any plans for "thinman" set for 1911s?
TIA...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
30 Posts
To see my line of knives and other shooting accessories, go to our top dealer's site: http://www.mdenterprise.com

You can also visit, ask questions, or just lurk at my Tactical Forums: http://www.tacticalforums.com

There, you will find Forums dedicated to Training and Tactics, Gear, Tactical Medicine, Mad Dog Knives, The Second Amendment, and about 15 other topic headings.
FWIW: Dane Burns is our moderator on the "Real World" Forum there.
More info on new MD Labs products like the GPS870 custom shotgun can be seen on the MD Labs forum.

Enjoy and
Stay Sharp,
Mad Dog

·
Banned
982 Posts
Hey! If this thread didn't have FOUR pictures of those fancy grips on it we could down load quicker

Now to help my buddies out I am adding a LOU ALESSI ACP holster to this 20 ticket raffle and challenge the rabid holiness MAD DOG himself to up the ante with one of them slick synthetic wonders from Mad Dog labs to compliment a good leather rig for the days a pistolero has to stand in salt water

We have one set of AWESOME MDLs grips..one ALESSI holster and 20 tickets to sell!

ONWARD!

·
Banned
982 Posts
RDye just bought #1

Only 19 more to go! OK, now who is next here?

Steve BTW is building the second gun for Brian's raffle and the entire idea was his from the first. He truly deserves the credit here not me.

NINETEEN MORE TO GO!

[This message has been edited by Dane Burns (edited 02-08-2001).]

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ratio of Dane's photos to mine is now about 9 million to 4, so I have some catching up to do

Dane is being rather modest. It may have been my idea, but he has done most of the work (which has been a pain in the keister and not one, but several, Excedrin headache #45s) up to this point. Kudos back at ya, buddy. :cool

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Thanks Yee...

Damn man, that's kinda' nice

Is that your knife Yee?
Looks like it'll take a hell of a' edge!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, 4 down and 16 to go!

The odds are 1 in 10 you will win something in the mini raffle, either an Alessi holster or a set of Mad Dog GunGrips.

Don't forget, this mini raffle is for entry to the BIG raffle, featuring custom guns from Dane Burns, Richard Heinie, myself, 2 Mad Dog knives and a bunch of other great stuff.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Is this over???
I saw somethin' about RDYE takin' #1"on the BCP raffle...So Striders is still active?

Money to Strider or BCP???

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is a NEW mini raffle for entry into the BIG Brian Bilby Memorial raffle.

Tickets are $50 each
The stakes in the mini raffle are a set of Mad Dog GunGrips AND an Alessi holster. Your chances are 1 in 10 to win.

You can send the money via www.paypal.com to either me, Steve Morrison ([email protected]) OR Dane Burns ([email protected]).

There are 16 tickets left.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alriiight! I just got 2 more entries at almost the same time.

That leaves 14 tickets to go, don't forget your chances in the mini raffle are 1 in 10 to win either the GunGrips or a custom Lou Alessi holster! Plus you get entered in the BIG raffle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Strider,
good news: I just sent you a paypal for 50.00 to get in the raffle.
bad news: your paypal account just exceeded the "recieve limit"...Now you probably have to pay for a premium account???

If you don't get my contribution...Post here or emai and I will send you a check.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts