1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a weekend vacation in very small town in a northern New England state. Obviously, I couldn't carry my licensed handgun with me. My wife and I were staying in a cabin, but I imagine the same question can be applied towards hotel rooms and rented homes: what's a good self-defense kit for a room or a person when you're traveling gun-less in another state? My first thoughts are a SureFire flashlight, a cellular telephone, a large cannister of heavy-duty pepper spray, perhaps an ASP baton, maybe a knife? Baseball bat? Door stop? Any experience or suggestions? Thanks, ACP.

·
Registered
429 Posts
From what I understand you can have firearms in hotel rooms ect, because they are like your "castle for the night." But I'm not sure of your situation so I would sugest the strongest pepperspray and a sword. Ya, I know, old fashioned and odd but you asked. Cell phones shouldent even be a question. Always carry a cell phone.

------------------
Have you hugged your 1911 today?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I go nowhere in the ZI without a gun. Flashlight and pepper too, but always a gun. GLV

·
Registered
523 Posts
You can still have a firearm when you travel, just make sure you do your homework and whichever states you'll be travelling through, know their laws and act accordingly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts