1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gunners..READY TO ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all,
Several of us over on ARFCOM got a wild and crazy idea to see if there would be any interest in getting Christine to make a run of the Simonich "Gunner Grips" for the BHP. We think it would be a great product. Since there are a lot of BHP fans here, what do y'all think? Two of us already emailed Christine about it (haven't heard back yet though), but we figure if we could get enough people interested in 'em, we might be able to make it happen. Whaddya say?

Rich

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

Not the best picture, but you get the idea. That type of grip on a HiPower, of course with choice of color is what we're trying for.

·
Registered
333 Posts
As i stated on Ar15.. I'd be down for at least one pair, probably more if they felt at all similar to "thin grips". Thickness of glocks, HP's, and other doublestacks are my only real complain in life.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I would be interested in a pair, but as others have mentioned in different forums, BHP grip fitting can be problematic at times.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm interested but with one caviat! I would like the style to be similar to a Spegal or Hogue shape and not the original stock grip which I think is too boxy. The newer style combined with Simonich "Gunners" colors and patterns would be well received.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hello,

I would be a player for several pair, IF, they fit very well, were no thicker than Mr. Spegal's Delrin Grips and were made outta Black Micarta with 18 or 20 LPI traditional checkering.

I Sure Hope It Happens,
The Sockman

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Like others have said, I'd buy a set if the fit were like the "thin" grips such as Navidrex, or the Speigle derlin grips. If they were thick like the factory grips, I'd have to pass.

As far as color goes, black would be nice... it goes with everything. :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
MEH92 said:
Like others have said, I'd buy a set if the fit were like the "thin" grips such as Navidrex, or the Speigle derlin grips. If they were thick like the factory grips, I'd have to pass.

As far as color goes, black would be nice... it goes with everything. :)
+ 1 :)

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Hey, remember that we do not allow group buys. Read: THIS

It isn't a good idea to try to try to avoid the rules.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jim,
Hey, It was poor word choice and I edited out the offending word. Anyway, it really wouldn't be a group buy anyway. We're just trying to see if we could get enough people interested in them that they would actually consider making them for the BHP (which is a good thing). I've been here quite a while and I wasn't trying to "avoid the rules".

Rich

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
Trumpet said:
Jim,
Hey, It was poor word choice and I edited out the offending word. Anyway, it really wouldn't be a group buy anyway. We're just trying to see if we could get enough people interested in them that they would actually consider making them for the BHP (which is a good thing). I've been here quite a while and I wasn't trying to "avoid the rules".

Rich
No problem Rich...Thanks! (actually, Gunner's for a BHP would be a great idea!)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Jim and LW,
Here is the latest update....

This is what I heard from Christine.

"Just 1911's for now..."

Now, it's not ALL that bad. At least it said "for now", instead of "No F-in Way". Maybe if we eventually get enough people to make it worth their while...

THEN I got this from a guy over at SH...

"Sadly, two days before we lost Rob, I had a conversation with him about this.
Rob was very enthused about it and promised to talk more when he came home from what would be his last hunting trip."

So in a nutshell, Rob wanted it to happen before he was tragically killed. Then the gentleman who posted the above also informed me...

"FYI...Christine doesn't make the grips.
The Strider guys have been doing this for her to help her out.
First priority has been to the USMC and now the gun industry. I don't think they're tooling up to do any other grips just yet and doubt if they'd do it for 20 pair.
I'm going to see Mick and Duane in about 2 weeks; I'll talk to them about it in person, then."

I was aware the Christine wasn't actually making the grips, but I wasn't sure that the gents at Strider knives were. That's great news. Hopefully they may be willing to start a run on 'em. We'll see (keep your fingers crossed).

Rich

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
You never know then! Those Strider guys are pretty busy, but it sounds like there is hope yet.

Thanks for the update!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts