1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to ask members opinions on this. Why are there no advertisements for guns on TV, yet 80% of programming have guns? Also, shouldn't there be PSA on gun safety like they do for fire, pollution and drunk driving? I can imagine McGruff, saying; "Hey kiddo's if you see a gun, don't touch! Go get an adult." Might save more than one child's life.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
There are a few gun advertisements on some outdoor shows I watch on Monday nights. Henry Rifles has a pretty good pitch on theirs. Yes, 70 to 80% of the shows have guns in them but have you ever watched the gun handling in those shows? Most of those actors couldn't shoot themselves in the butt, from inside the barn.

Putting facts or reasonable ideas on TV clouds the thoughtless processes of the liberal agenda.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Yes, 70 to 80% of the shows have guns in them but have you ever watched the gun handling in those shows?
Hmmm...I am actually noticing the opposite lately. Seems many of the cop/CSI/shoot 'em-up type shows are actually exhibiting decent gun handling skills. I think many shows are actually hiring qualified "gun wranglers" to teach at least the basics to the actors.

I'd say that FAR less than 80% of the shows with guns in them have actors with fingers inside the trigger guards now. Wouldn't have said that 10 years ago.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Because most TV station owners are liberals and get to make up the rules regarding advertising and have agendas. They also have no spines and succumb to the Brady Bunch and others who threaten to boycott all their other advertisers if they don't pull ads that the vocal curmudgeons protest.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The answer to your question is sandy hook. After sandy hook a lot of gun shows were canceled to please the masses. I just seen on the news the other night that daniel defense was trying to get a spot for a commercial during the super bowl and they were turned down.

Sandy hook did a lot of damage for the gun community.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Majority of TV is owned and operated by Liberal Loons that know very little about firearms, much less firearm safety, they do not even know the difference between a semi and full auto firearm

The last thing that these Loons will do is advertise something that they want removed completely from society because they are too ignorant and too afraid to learn about firearms/safety

Concerning children and teaching them to not touch a gun, these clowns claim that they care about the kids, the only thing they care about kids is, they use the kids to forward their Loony agenda every chance they get

Every time they cant get their way, just wait for it, they always say, it`s all about/for the kids :rolleyes: Then the next day they are on the way to an abortion clinic.

My .02

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fcorgot about the Henry commercials.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Maybe not mainstream TV or commercials but private cable channels, satellite channels their is plenty of commercials for Glocks, Rugers, Para Ordnance, S&W, etc etc. Many people are afraid because they have been psychologically programmed to think that a "firearm" is a bad no, no. Way too many news outlets, politicians, recent horrible tragic accidents that have occurred on out society blame "guns" as the main ultimate factor. However, many don't blame the actual facts such as mental health, the lack of proper parental guidance, social economic status, the fact that many doctors are over prescribing these so called "anti depressants" to so many millions of people, etc ever since the invention is "anti depressants" we have seen a huge spike in shooting deaths, murders, killings, etc I often think that the real culprit here is not "handguns" per se but "big pharma"

How many times do you see commercials for anti depressants? Our TV's are flooded with them w actors in commercials acting all happy, relieved by taking this or that pill. Again, mainstream brainwashing at it's best working against society.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
It would be interesting to try. I'll bet the stations would be deluged by anti-gunners with their panties in a wad.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
The answer to your question is sandy hook. After sandy hook a lot of gun shows were canceled to please the masses.
You mean Sons of Guns and The over priced bunch from Colorado?

The real gun shows are still on and going strong.They come on every Monday night on Sportsman's Channel and Wednesday night on the Outdoor Network,

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I get a kick out of the male ED commercials, how some guy and his wife get amorous thoughts when he is gutting a deer, or changiing his Jeep's oil. Or after he whacks his thumb with his hammer repairing his cabin gutters. Whatever it takes, I guess.

All the best....

·
Registered
13,561 Posts
It's about shying away from controversial content. It's how businesses operate.

Recently there was a big hullabaloo about there being an interracial couple in a Cherrios commercial. (little girl dumps cereal on sleeping dad) This is in 2013! But some viewers freaked out like it was segregated 1955. It made headlines.

Props to Cheerios for still running the ad.

So gun adverts will probably not be aired during primetime to avoid risking investor/shareholders money because of possible boycotts of the associated programs.

However, they will be aired during programming where there is a more receptive audience like hunting shows.

But I did see an ad for Cabella's during regular programming. It had a catalog pictured with a rifle visible. That's not exactly a gun commercial but close.

Overall, however, do not expect to see many gun ads during Modern Family.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Its just like Hollywood that a show like CSI Des Moines or whatever can have tons of guns and cops saving lives with them, every single episode, but if S&W ran ad during the same show there would be a firestorm of controversy.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Majority of TV is owned and operated by Liberal Loons that know very little about firearms, much less firearm safety, they do not even know the difference between a semi and full auto firearm

The last thing that these Loons will do is advertise something that they want removed completely from society because they are too ignorant and too afraid to learn about firearms/safety

Concerning children and teaching them to not touch a gun, these clowns claim that they care about the kids, the only thing they care about kids is, they use the kids to forward their Loony agenda every chance they get

Every time they cant get their way, just wait for it, they always say, it`s all about/for the kids :rolleyes: Then the next day they are on the way to an abortion clinic.

My .02[/QUOTE

^^^^^^^THIS.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Seems a bit hypocritical when you don't see ads for firearms, particularly those that show them being used in responsible ways for recreation, family time, and protection, but there's plenty of ads blaring at you for video games that glorify violence and some of the long time favorites that also glorify criminal activity, such as Grand Theft Auto 3 million.

Let's face it, the media and the grabbers can't be constantly attacking law abiding firearms owners and ownership if they go showing ads that actually suggest families and individuals being respectable and having legitimate fun using firearms.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Duck Dynasty comes to mind.

Evidently drives Left Wing Liberal Democrat Bluenecks Apoplectic.

Guns, God and ******** all in one show about a successful business.

Someone was clamoring at one time for Willie to run for Congress.

Me, I'd like Phil for President and Si for Sec Def!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I sure see gun commercials on tv all the time. And gun shows, Beretta has a half hour show, Beretta's World of Guns or something like that.
And Ted Nugent always has a show where he got a new gun, and opens the box, and talks about his good friends at the store or gun manufacturer (a commercial of sorts).
Savage has a show, Savage Hunters, or something.
You are just watching the wrong channels.
Outdoor Channel and Sportsmans Channel. There is also a Rural channel or something, that supposedly is good. I don't get that one, tho'.
You just got to get the good channels.
dc

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I sure see gun commercials on tv all the time. And gun shows, Beretta has a half hour show, Beretta's World of Guns or something like that.
And Ted Nugent always has a show where he got a new gun, and opens the box, and talks about his good friends at the store or gun manufacturer (a commercial of sorts).
Savage has a show, Savage Hunters, or something.
You are just watching the wrong channels.
Outdoor Channel and Sportsmans Channel. There is also a Rural channel or something, that supposedly is good. I don't get that one, tho'.
You just got to get the good channels.
dc
Hmm, I just have an antenna for reception. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts