1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Most of us already know about Kimber mainspring housings being plastic.
I bought a Remington 870 Express and the trigger group housing was plastic. I couldn't believe it. How about the plastic safeties on Mossberg shotguns? How many of those 'gems' get smashed to bits? I believe there are plastic sights on Glocks.

There is nothing wrong with plastic for use in certain applications, but.....

·
Registered
750 Posts
The highest quality handgun I own, and likely the most accurate, is not either of the Kimbers that I dropped near $1000 for. Instead it's a Smith & Wesson Model 27-5 I picked up used at a pawn-shop for $289. Although the TLE is ok, that old .357 mag is one hell of a gun. I am not a revolver kind of guy, but there are allot of used Smiths sitting on shelves, and priced to sell.
For the price, I don't believe it is possible to get a better quality weapon.
I am with Denis, one day these guns will new longer be common, and we will have missed out on something special, atleast at an affordable price.

I guess I'm a little leery about buying a used auto, but there are so many older pistols out there with only a few hundred rounds or less through them, that the used market really deserves a serious look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.