1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the new Gunsite pistol at Colt's website but I haven't been able to see one in person. I'd appreciate any opinions on the Gunsite--especially from Gunsite owners. I've read some comments in the past about it being over-priced, but this pistol seems well suited for a small handed shooter such as myself. Thanx

Nero

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Subject has come up many time before, try the search button.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I don't own one but have handled a few. It is a good gun, fit is similar to XSE, Gold Cup. But when you do the math, (base gun pluse Novak rear with Heinie frount sight, trigger job, upgraded trigger), BT) it is expensive, (retail is about 1,300 - 1,400). If the gun is set up the way you want from the factory then it's worth it.
Thin grips, (if that is what you are focusing on) can be installed on any 1911 by changing the grip bushings and screws along with the grips.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
I received one last month. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a nice pistol. It almost came home with me. The bushing was not properly fitted, but in line with most of the Colts I have handled as of late. It sold very fast, and the customer loved it.

It was nicer than the Special Combat I have on the shelf now.

Damian

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Gunsite=Great

Picked mine up 3 weeks ago. Now has 800+ rds. NOT ONE FTF/FTF burp, hiccup, belch,- Every rd. went bang, every case came out. accuracy is right there with my wife's Colt Special Combat which up to now was the most accurate gun in the house. Picking up regular grip screw bushings today so I can put on the Gunsite grips I bought from their website. Inexpensive also-only $33. Love my series 70 Colt. Tracy
P.S. Now I don't have a wishlistfor another gun!!!:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like mine better than my Thunder Ranch. Smoother shooting for some reason, and just as accurate. And much easier to take down. Not so tight, but just as accurate.

HiCap

·
Registered
Prized 1911A1 - Nighthawk Custom I built while attending gunsmithing program at Montgomery CC
262 Posts
Before I bought my TRP, I called out to the gunsite gunsmithy and they had colt shop guns that were for sale, used in good condition. It seems like they were really competitive on the price, and I would have bought one except that I wanted a new one. I would probably buy one now, FWIW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts