1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
short trigger

I would think any short 1911 trigger would work. I replaced my colt govt trigger about a year ago. Ordered it from Remington's web site. All the short triggers at Brownells had the hole in the trigger face for a trigger stop screw. The Remington is solid.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I wouldn't say no over travel adjustment on the Harrison triggers. Rather it's by file with no access from the pad side
The face of the trigger shoe is smooth; free from serrations and holes for the over-travel screw that can chafe and abrade your trigger finger during long training sessions.
The fixed over-travel stop is permanently locked in place so it can't creep in and render your pistol inoperative in an emergency. The initial adjustment to the over-travel stop is made by filing and re-testing until the correct amount of over-travel is achieved.
I wouldn't say "All the short triggers at Brownells had the hole in the trigger face for a trigger stop screw" given that Brownell's stocks the Harrison among others. I bought a black one there to match a painted 1911 and maybe look a little more industrial. Maybe not catch the eye like the aluminum. Maybe not but it suits me. I've also bought short triggers with serrated faces and file adjustment. I shoeshine a little bit to make the outside serrations less prominent and leave the center serrations proud to stabilize the finger pad mostly.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Harrison triggers have a set screw from the back.
It is a non-adjustable post that is threaded in. The instructions that come with them say to file it for adjustment.

Actually I could be wrong about that. I just checked one that I recently got from Brownell's and there is a hex socket in the screw. My recollection from a few years ago is that they were file-adjustable only.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Harrison triggers have a FIXED set screw that is staked in the rear. It is 'adjusted' by filing it down. It does not turn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts