1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Christmas (not PC), I would like a stainless steel Gunsite, Commander size with night sights, a Side Armor Kydex IWB, and 1000 rounds of 230 ball to break it in before the first of the year (and thermal underware for New England).

Hear me, Santa Colt.

HiCap

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Gunsite

It's not a commander, but I just bought my 5" full size stainless today. Can't pick it up til next sat, ( here in Md, the gun grabbers want to keep it out of your hands for as long as possible. ) CAN"T WAIT !!!!!! I'll be out in the shed 2-3 days reloading enough so I can give it a thorough break-in on sat, then go shoot bowling pins with it on sun. Tracy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gunsite

I got my Gunsite, full size, two days ago and I love it. Only 100 rounds through it with no problems at all. Used Wolf. Tomorrow, another 100 Fiochi. It's as accurate for me as my Bare Thunder Ranch. But, in Commander size, O Boy!

HiCap

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am somewhat interested in the Gunsite.

What is the going street price, if you don't mind?

And, does it come with night sights?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price and Sights

I paid $1230 adn it did not come with night sights. I have mixed feelings about night sights, front and rear, just front or none. Just theories, wihtout any experience other than trial, to bear them out.

HiCap

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I will eventually put them on( both front and rear ).Right now I'm just going to put the parts on to make it better for competition. I.E. FLGR w/ #18 spring & shok buff, Wilson extended mag release, mag well, regular size grips and hex head screws( I think they look better ), long trigger. It seems great for a carry gun, but here in Md it takes more than an act of congress to get a ccw. Tracy

P.S. I did load about 300 rounds today, gonna go back out tommorrow and load another 200 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts