1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some gear to be able to carry my PSP on a daily basis. Who has some recommendations for holsters and mag pouches?

I'm mostly looking for a good quality kydex holster for concealment, with range/class use as a second consideration. Looks like Raven and CompTac are options, any opinions on those, or others??

Also for a mag pouch, has anyone had luck with other sizes? more easily found; EMP, Kahr, etc.? I have a leather 1911 pouch that is super tight, that is secure enough to be comfortable, but would prefer something more closely fitting front-to-backish.

For my 1911's, I have been very happy with; Sparks, Kramer, Bravo (kydex), and Blade-Tech. All get daily use. So I do want quality.

I guess, just looking for recommendations, if anyone has had good luck with other products.

Current plans are to go with Raven, for a holster and single pouch.

Thanks, Chad.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Currently carry one in a VM2 and it works very well but I prefer kydex and have had my eyes out for a quality kydex rig. Raven is my first choice also, I own 4 of them for other pistols. Blade-tech, FIST and comp-tac have also served me well in the past.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I like Garrett Industries leather lined kydex holsters. They are thin, well built, have several mounting options available and are great people to deal with.

Their website is giholsters.com If you don't see something you like, give Ron Garrett a call/email. He is also a forum sponsor.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I also recommend Garret Industries. I've spent some time with one of their "Silent Thunder" holsters and was overall very impressed.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Any recommendations for IWB carry for the PSP? I use Versacarry now. Thanks.
If I had a PSP, I'd take a look at the Del Fatti ISP-LP. They have some in stock for the PSP at Lightning Arms Sports. That may be out of your price range, but the Del Fatti holsters are really amazing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If I had a PSP, I'd take a look at the Del Fatti ISP-LP. They have some in stock for the PSP at Lightning Arms Sports. That may be out of your price range, but the Del Fatti holsters are really amazing.
This is the holster that I carry my P7 in. It's an excellent holster, worth every penny.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Putting a P7 in a Kydex Holster, to me, is like pouring Wine into a thermos. People do it, but it's just odd :)

That said, in addition to several leather holsters (Andrews and even an old Galco Avenger), I do own a Bladetech IWB that I think I used once. Just can't warm up to Plastic holsters

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
P7's need a really specialized holster for comfortable carry as they are so grip heavy. Del Fatti makes a nice one for the P7.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts