1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the Haarts recoil reducer setup? It is the one that is filled with mercury and ball bearings that counteractt and absorb some of the recoil impulse. It claims to cut down recoil quite a bit on a .45, for rapid fire. I wanted to perhaps try one on my Kimber CDP since it has a lightweight frame.

I would appreciate hearing any experiences on if they are worth giving a try.

Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Thaddeus!

I've had one in my Glock 21 for years and like it a lot. I was very skeptical about the claims of reduction in felt recoil, but decided to give it a go and have never looked back.

Is it worth it dollar-wise? Some will argue the case that its not. But does it work - most definitely... As always, YMMV!

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
I have one in a SIG P220 .45acp and it helps quite a bit when shooting the plus p loads.

------------------
Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters

http://www.pt-partners.com

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yes, I have one in my Colt Combat Target Model 45ACP. I have said many times that I will have one in every gun I own. I feel it is worth the money for a drop in part that is not in need of mods to the gun. I used mine in Bowling pin shoots, seems to work good with both hot and mild target loads but most noticable with Hot. I heard they have a money back guaranty.But I do not know this for shure. This is about the same cost as the tungstun recoil rod and the theroy seems to work more thean just wieght. It will not remove the muzzle flip that a Compensator will but that is not a drop in,but worth the money IMO...ROFI

For $100.00 bucks, try it, only a fraction of the cost of a KIMBER, If you dont like it sell it for the next gadget, they just keep coming, Thank God

·
Registered
66 Posts
I purchased one of the first Haarts recoil rod made because I was believed in the concept having used it in shotguns.

It is a very subjective accessory to evaluate. I've seen several magazine reviews and articles that have tested the Haarts recoil rod and their conclusions support my opinion. Having said that, I feel it has made shooting my .45s' much more enjoyable. I have a Springfield set up almost identically to my Gold Cup and I like to take the Haarts rod out of the Springfield and shoot the two side by side and I can feel the difference in the recoil recovery and the way the initial recoil snap is spread out over a longer impulse to take the bite out of a heavy recoiling load.

I like the idea of a full length recoil spring guide rod in my .45s'. So having the Haarts recoil buffering technology in a full length rod sold me.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think they ,(Hartts)do not recommend the use of shock buffs. I thinks it hinders the mercury and ball action. Unless its an alloy frame, I would not use one...ROFI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts