1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Super Moderator
17,483 Posts
My experience with my compensated Pro LW Wilson has been as David says "the smile will grow as you shoot it more"! Congrats on a great build!

Reactions: HKmanlp1

· Registered
1,384 Posts
Beautiful!

Reactions: HKmanlp1

· Registered
392 Posts
Nice gun ... I met Ken Hackathorne once many years ago at an IPSC match in Ohio. A really nice fellow that gave all of us club shooters a few pointers before a match. Having a gun with his name on it would be a real perk. I have a James Clark, Ruger MK II build with "Clark Custom" on the barrel. The names may not make us better shooters, but it makes the guns more interesting.

· Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice gun ... I met Ken Hackathorne once many years ago at an IPSC match in Ohio. A really nice fellow that gave all of us club shooters a few pointers before a match. Having a gun with his name on it would be a real perk. I have a James Clark, Ruger MK II build with "Clark Custom" on the barrel. The names may not make us better shooters, but it makes the guns more interesting.
I have taken classes with Mr Hackathorn before. Same with Larry Vickers. Thus I have a Vickers Elite commander on order. Just some cool keepsakes for me.

· Super Moderator
17,483 Posts
I have taken classes with Mr Hackathorn before. Same with Larry Vickers. Thus I have a Vickers Elite commander on order. Just some cool keepsakes for me.
(y) I have attended many classes with Ken, two with Larry, and a few with Robbie Leatham (and a few others) - all first class trainers and what I consider as friends. I particularly like some of the options on each of their takes of 1911 options, and see value in each. I have a Hackathorn Special Commander in blued with special polish grit detail and XTAC grip treatment, one of very few Hackathorn Specials with XTAC grip texture. I consider this a very special tribute to friendship and respect. Never going to let this one go until death takes me, then it will go to one of my grandkids/nephews/nieces as an heirloom.

Reactions: DubfromGa

· Registered
478 Posts
Great looking gun! I've always wanted a LW Commander (yes I know all Commanders are light weight - except the "Johnny come lately) Combat Commander ) in Super .38 - so far one has eluded me.

I do have several Combat Commanders in Super .38, and even a couple in 9X23 - but alas they are not that light ... good for shooting but just a tad heavier than the Commander.

Riposte

1 - 15 of 15 Posts