1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,595 Posts
I really feel for you folks out there; similar many years ago in Massachusetts - I left there at the end of 1969 and haven't looked back once.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I left California last October, having lived there my whole life, for a multitude of reasons. Gun restrictions being one. I'm one of the first to bash that state. But beware, their infection is spreading to other states. He who says it can't happen here (where ever here might be) best keep out a watchful eye.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Did I ever mention, that living in California has it's disadvantages?
At least you can CCW in the valley!

I left California last October, having lived there my whole life, for a multitude of reasons. Gun restrictions being one. I'm one of the first to bash that state. But beware, their infection is spreading to other states. He who says it can't happen here (where ever here might be) best keep out a watchful eye.
Very very true Jim. Sadly it's spreading.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I really like these 1911's.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Would it be a Hackathorn Special without the front cocking serrations?

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
He is no doubt a great trainer and shooter, and this is a nice pistol. For this amount of investment, having his name on it isn't enough for me. I would have to want all of the options. I have FCS on a SG and don't care for them. One could put their personal options into a CQB and be about in the same price range.

Hackathorn Special, Armor-Tuff, .45 ACP..............$3,750.00
Hackathorn Special, Armor-Tuff, 9mm..................$3,850.00
Hackathorn Special, Armor-Tuff, .40 S&W.............$3,850.00

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I like it just as it is!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was able to get one before the SSE option evaporated. I really like the set up and enjoy how it it specced. Fit and finish is what we would all expect from WC and their smiths. For shooting it runs and runs. Not 1 single hiccup. At the range it always gets looks and people asking about it. If you have the option to get one the way it's specced and you like it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
524 Posts
For the most part I like the way the Hack is speced. It may not be EXACTLY the way I'd spec a CQB if ordering one from scratch, but there's nothing on it that I really dislike.

I'm an old phart & like instant gratification, so if it came down to buying a Hack that is available now, or waiting in line for months for a custom order gun that I only changed a couple things on, I'd take the Hack & shoot the heck out of it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I feel you bro, left NY and couldn't be happier in GA.

feel like they should have an option to have his 'stache lasered onto the bushing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts