1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the website for that new movie Jeepers Creepers (cool site check it out http://www.mgm.com/jeeperscreepers/ ) Well it shows the kid and his girlfriend driving down the road when the BG's old beat up pickup truck starts ramming him (BG's got a bad case of road rage)

That got me thinking about alot of the scary movies and how this car thing happens in many of them. The movies where the BG isn't magical like Jason or Freddy.

I want to see this:

The BG runs the good guy off the road and the good guy's car is smashed. He turns the key but gets that good old grinding noise and he looks up to see the BG get out of his truch with the typical fire ax/meat clever.

The Good guy gets out and the camera pans down to see *insert your favorite 1911 here* tucked neatly into *insert your favority IWB holster here*.

Well the BG is walking that evil walk over to what he thinks is he easy prey. The God guy does the nice fluid draw of his trusty *insert that 1911 again* As the gun comes up to plane it shows his thumb flick off the saftey, gun level, and then the finger goes on the trigger.

Then switch quickly to a dead on shot, looking straight down that big ole barrel of that .45

1 shot square to the BG's hip and he is a quivering and whimpering, bloody mess on the ground. It then ends with the GG standing square over the BG and one sole BANG is heard!

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I must say "If they only had a 1911," at least 10 times during just about every movie I see. But if they did the movie would be no good because the gun would bring all the death and violence to a quick and timley end. Thus you end up with a 20 min. movie. And there's no point in making one of those now is there. Evdn thou if they did I'de go see it.

------------------
Today is the first day of the end.

Have you hugged your loved ones today?

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Cooper pointed out, in one of his commentaries, that one of the famed African hunters (it may have been White or maybe Taylor) had opined that all "adventure" was the result of incompetence. The underlying notion being that if one did things RIGHT, even challenging situations would be handled with no muss or fuss.

Personally, I think this overlooks the always lurking Mr. Murphy. However, it certainly is true that most horror movies require helpless victims to terrorize.

Rosco

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I think it was also the good Col. who said that most of the horror movies would be over in the first ten minutes if the victims had a single shot 12 gauge. Of course, what kind of movie would that be? Besides short.

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Speaking of short movies, I saw a short subject by bmwfilms on the SpeedVision cable channel last evening. It featured a snooty Madonna-type celebrity who berates and insults her driver and he responds by driving wildly though the city, causing her to violently roll around the back seat.

They finally arrive at what looks to be a movie premier and he executes a bootlegger turn and pops the latch on the rear door as he slides sideways to a stop. The Madonna-type celeb is thrown out onto the red carpet as the assembled paparazi start snapping pictures of the spreading urine stain on her slacks.

Funniest thing I've seen in some time.

They followed it up with another short subject wherein the same driver, in a BMW SUV is driving a wounded photojournalist out of a war-torn banana republic. It was pretty good too, but not funny.

Rosco

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone else see Blair Witch?

Beating on the side of my tent in the middle of the night is probably NOT a good idea.

Most horror films would be over very quickly if just 1 person was armed. Funny note.. in "weird science" the biker mutants get chased from the scene with humerous results.

And lets not even mention "tremors".. you broke into the wrong rec room!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
This seems an appropriate place to recount a very strange event that happened in New Mexico in the late 1960s. A couple in their pickup were driving along one evening when another pickup driver began harassing them. Eventually the BG rammed them in the classic movie style - square astern - then dropped back and opened fire.

The victim-driver sped up, of course, but the BG continued to chase them, firing. He even passed his victims a time or two, trying to run them off the road.
Eventually, the chase was noticed, the sheriff's office was called, and the BG was apprehended. That's when the strangeness really gets started.

The victims had a 1911-type .45 ACP in their pickup. Neither of them fired a shot. When the driver was asked why he didn't shoot back at the BG, he said, "I didn't want to make him mad."

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts