1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am sad to say that I had to send the 7.45 to TN for service. I posted when the gun was new that it failed to return to battery about 75% of the time during the first 100 rounds. I contacted George and he told me to keep shooting. I have about 1000 rounds through it and it still has problems with about 1/20 cartridges. I also noticed that the magazine feed lips hit the ejector. The problem isn't as bad with the Chip McCormick Powermags. I was really bummed when FedEx charged me $72.99 to ship the gun back to Para. Here is a picture:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you try returning through a dealer (or perhaps where you purchased)? I had to send back my LTC and the dealer and Para took care of it no problem...

·
Registered
415 Posts
same boat

my carry 9 went back to Tn today (3rd time). This will be the last time. Love the gun, just hate the issues...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to para and it looks like they are going to reimburse me for the shipping costs. They said turnaround time is 2-3 weeks. They received it last wednesday, so I should have it back around Christmas.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
BananaSlug:

I think Josh has a full-sized 7.45 there.... (I forget....)

However, that seems to be common lately - the Browning design barely makes it to 4.25" (Commander), and below that things can get interesting.

If Josh's gun is a Commander-length, that shouldn't be a problem....

I've got four of the new-style Para single-stack magazines. The ones with the plastic "finger grip" bottoms. They don't like SWC's (not a serious problem), but all four needed surgery to avoid jamming up the gun by getting wedged into the ejector.

They ride a little higher in the frame, and bump into the Ejector - this can break the ejector, or just jam things up. The fix is to file off a bit of that side of the rear of the magazine, so it can't get up that high.

(I think Tripp Conversion followers are the only real fix for the SWC's.... Please note that I'm shooting the Para mags in a 4" Kimber. I wanted the "finger groove" base, so none of this is Para's fault. What's goofy is that my other Para single stack magazines - with the flat metal baseplate - seem to work in anything, including that Kimber.)

FedEx must have raised their prices. Last time I sent one to TN it was about $50. My dealer is now handling stuff like that for me - about $35/pop.

Regards,

·
Registered
783 Posts
Stu,

Indeed Josh's pistol is full sized. I should have worded it better:

I was surprised to see this because most of the problems seem to be with the smaller pistols.

Glad Para is making good on the shipping. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
415 Posts
postage

just sent my carry 9 back to tn, UPS, cost was $18. they never asked what was in it, I never offered it either. I was prepared to say it was a high speed hole punch. I ain't paying $70 to send a gun back. and I would be suprised if Para would reimbusre such an expense.

·
Registered
404 Posts
jocko said:
just sent my carry 9 back to tn, UPS, cost was $18. they never asked what was in it, I never offered it either. I was prepared to say it was a high speed hole punch. I ain't paying $70 to send a gun back. and I would be suprised if Para would reimbusre such an expense.

Jocko,

What is the issue with it now?

You have been more patient than I would have been about this pistol. My Daughter's Carry-9 has almost 1200 rounds through it now...with absolutely no bobbles.

They need to get your gun "running" and running "right"!

Hope this time everything will work out for you.

Flint.

·
Registered
415 Posts
3rd time

flintknapper said:
Jocko,

What is the issue with it now?

You have been more patient than I would have been about this pistol. My Daughter's Carry-9 has almost 1200 rounds through it now...with absolutely no bobbles.

They need to get your gun "running" and running "right"!

Hope this time everything will work out for you.

Flint.

3rd time back since I bought it in April. Love the gun to death or I would just not screw with it, and not really sure this time what is causing it. It was flawless the last time back , had probably 1500 perfect rounds through it. slide locking open every time. then the ejector broke and Para was good enough to send me a new one instead of me shipping it back. I told them I could install it as it was a no-brainer. They did and I installed it in 5 minutes. It went right into place. Now from that day on,, I have had nothing but slide lock issues, damn near every magazine to. Nothing else has changed. My contention is , it has to be in the ejector or something that is upsetting the overall tiimng of the handgun. Para say, it should not effect what issues I am having, so it has gone back for the 3rd time. This is the most accurate handgun I have ever shot, might be some better out there but I love the trigger system of the carry 9, love everything about it but these little pissie issues, which is getting me down. I own a kahr pm9 with 8700 perfect out of the box rounds. never one slide lock issue. No reason this para can't perform the same way. I just don't keep things that give issues, be it a gun, car, animals and yes my first wife is gone to.:rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts