1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looky what was in my e:mail today. I can't wait to get them.
You see I've acquired my father-in-law's .45 for my wife. She was daddy's girl and he died in 2000 shortly after we wed. She has nothing of his and I've not told her I have the gun yet. I will give it to her prob. soon as the grips arrrive as I won't be able to contain myself any longer. Hakan is the best, he makes you feel like your working with an "old friend".

The gun is a Colt Series 80, I'll post pics when I get the grips on it. It's pretty much stock. I'll do a "full house" job on it soon as I can afford the parts. Holidays and all ya know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Falboy, I would put the grips on the gun, let your wife shoot it, and decide what mods it needs. Remember once you give it to her it is her pistol. I am more than sure she will be as pleased with Hakan's work as I am. Regards, Richard:D

·
Registered
261 Posts
She may prefer to keep the gun as her dad kept it. the sentimental value there may be more valuable than having a full house gun. Make sure She is interested in turning it into a full house heirloom gun before you put the money into it.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
What Chris said.....

If you want a full house gun get something else. I wouldn't mess with something that might be that sentimental unless your wife approves of your plan.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That was the plan the whole time: I'll let her decide what gets done to it. The point is it was here Dad's gun, and the enhancements will be done with love by her husband. It'll be an evolutionary thing, and definately a "family" peice. The mods will be form follows function, real classy nothing garish. A real "practical" peice as well. Thanks for the thoughts anyhow though. I may be new to this forum, but I built my first .45 when I was 16, 14 yrs. ago. I guess "full house" may have been a bad term to use. Prob. will just amount to sights, HTS, Disconnector, Ejector, Beavertail, Safety, etc. It's been shot alot too, so it could use some tightening up as well. Barrel, Bushing, and Trigger had allready been swapped out yrs. ago. Has some really ugly old Wilson Drop-in sights on it too. The blueing on the slide has a definate plum cast to it as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts