1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i "slowly" lower the hammer to half/cock on my TRS and think it has travled all it will, i take my thumb off, and it jumps forward just a tad more.. I push on it to see if it will keep going but it doesn`t go any further so it seems to be engaging fine but im a bit concerned.. It isn`t noticable when i let it come to half/cock with a little more force.. Any thoughts? -Gilmore
------------------
ME,WE!

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
My GUESS is that the sear may not may not be stoned or shaped evenly on both sides, or same with the hammer hooks. When you first let go of the hammer, only one hook may have full contact with the sear, then when you release the hammer, it seats itself fully on both hooks and sear surfaces.

Also, the sear itself may be offset (offset sear pin holes in frame?)

Do you have another sear you can drop in just for comparison sake?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by shane45-1911:
My GUESS is that the sear may not may not be stoned or shaped evenly on both sides, or same with the hammer hooks. When you first let go of the hammer, only one hook may have full contact with the sear, then when you release the hammer, it seats itself fully on both hooks and sear surfaces.

Also, the sear itself may be offset (offset sear pin holes in frame?)

Do you have another sear you can drop in just for comparison sake?
I was thinking the same thing, i will take it down and have a close look at the hammer/sear area in relation to each other, and go from there.. Thanks.. Gilmore

------------------
ME,WE!

[This message has been edited by Citizen_Gilmore (edited 06-23-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts