1911Forum banner

Hammer Dropped ?

1159 4
In anticipation of receiving my first Hi-Power in the next couple of weeks, I went to Browning's website and downloaded the instruction manual. There are a couple of things that I found to be odd. I do own a 1911, by the way, so I'm familiar with single action operation. First, they state that a dropped hammer is the "recommended carrying position of the pistol whether there is a round in the chamber or not". They then state "Do not carry a round in the chamber".
OK, that's just a little conflicting.

They also give the process for lowering the hammer "safely". They never mention "cocked and locked" for carry. So why is this exactly the opposite of what's recommended for the 1911?

They also say to leave the slide back while the gun is being stored. Wouldn't this create undue stress on the recoil spring?

Thanks for your replies,

-Noah
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
I also notice that most of the manuals were translated from another language by someone that doesn't read or speak native english, so sometimes you get conflicts just from shoddy translation. Don't know if this is the case here, but it happens all the time. My FEG Hi Power has some atrocious grammer and verbage.

"All your base are belong to us!"

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.