1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a Taurus PT1911. I want to put in a C&S hammer. Looking at the website, the hammer doesn't come with a hammer strut or pin. Looking at my old hammer, it looks like the pin is stake in there. Questions?

Can I use the old strut and pin? ( I'm assumming not, but want an experienced persons' advice)

I assume I can order a new strut. Special pin also?

I assume I should stake my new one if I got it?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Can I use the old strut and pin? ( I'm assumming not, but want an experienced persons' advice)

You can, but since a strut and pin will only add a few bucks to your project, why not just go with all new stuff?

I assume I can order a new strut. Special pin also?

Yep, struts and strut pins are available from Brownells.

I assume I should stake my new one if I got it?

Only if the pin isn't a fairly tight press fit in the hammer. Chances are pretty good that it will go in snug and won't require staking.

Now for the obligatory warning: :hrm: The hammer and sear need to mated to insure even bearing and satisfactory engagement. This generally requires stones and fixtures. It is easy to end up with an unsafe gun if you don't understand how these parts interact.
Contrary to advice often given, I don't think trigger jobs are a wise starting place for beginning DIYers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts