1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tons of assorted gun magazines from the early 70's untill this present day. i've looked from 98 through 2001,and i havent found a featured artical or field test on the charles daly fs 1911-A1. advertisments only, have any of you seen articals/field test in any gun magazine???
IF YOU HAVE...i would greatly appreciate the info-so that i could get one. every gun i own-i have found such articals,untill now that is. thanks

------------------

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi James,

Jan Libourel reviewed the models FS and MS in one of GunWorld's issues last year. I forgot the issue month though. The cover page has a picture of a Para-Ordnance LDA.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks baldo,i went to gunworlds webpage. and it is differnt from other magazines sights. all they hade is e-mail. so i e-mailed requesting a copy.of the daly. hopefully theyle help. out of curiousity baldo do you hang on to your old magazines? if you do,maybe i can work somthing out with you if gunworld doesnt? just a thought. thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
66 Posts
JB

The article you are looking for is in the April 2000 issue of Gun World.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi James,

I think I still have the April 2000 issue of GunWorld. It also has an article on combat rifles (CAR-15, AK-47, Galil, FAL, Sig550 and other European bullpup rifles), it is really one of the best issues of GunWorld. The only hitch is that I am from Manila, if you want I can scan the articles and send the jpegs to you via e-mail.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks BALDO, i have went to gunworld twice, and i havent heard from them,one way or the other. so im assuming there too busy. if your sure that it wouldnt be to much trouble, i would really appreciate a copy of the artical. thanks again for being polite enough to respond to my request.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Baldo,

Would you mind e-mailing that article to me as well? Would you also know where I can pickup a copy of that particular back issue in Manila? MCS perhaps? Thanks!

BTW, thanks to both James Beam and you for replying to my post re: "Indecision.." I think JB is right, I may have gotten the .45 bug. The .45 just feels better to shoot than the 9mm. And I don't think its the CZ75's fault either since its also a nice gun. The kick and the report just feel/sound "right".

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ditto what JB said. Thanks Baldo!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANKS BALDO
I DID GET THE E-MAIL,AND WENT TO YAHOO, AND MADE COPYS. THANK YOU SO MUCH, I HADE TO COVER ALOT OF GROUND, to finnaly get this artical.
gunworld never did reply to my e-mails request
happy camper once again

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 05-17-2001).]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks, I received the e-mail and it was a very interesting article. I haven't had the chance to print it out yet but hope to before to long.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Baldo,

Just got 'em. Great scans..Salamat!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi, just a note for those interested in the artical on the dalys, its a good artical and good pictures. its on yahoo/auction, im not really sure how you can find the artical that is posted. BALDO is the one who set it up for us. he e-mailed us a note and it also hade a e-mail address that we could click on to....and it taking us right on to the artical. i made a copy on my printer, if you all dont have any luck? let me know, perhapes i can make a copy and mail it to you. thanks to baldo i now have a copy. it was hard to come by. you can tell by my earlier post that im interestd it gun magazine articals.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Baldo,

Hope you don't mind but I'll try to post the pics here for the other forum users to peruse. If this first post works, I'll post the rest:

Page 1

·
Registered
288 Posts
Last try...maybe wrong URL. Anybody know how to post from photopoint here? help!

I'm switching the picture links from photpoint since they don;t offer free hosting anymore.

[This message has been edited by malmon (edited 08-07-2001).]

·
Registered
288 Posts
It worked! Here's page 2: (Courtesy of Baldo)

[This message has been edited by malmon (edited 08-07-2001).]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts