1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm still looking for a skinny drawer safe for under a car seat, no more than 2" to 2.5" thick, and just enough room for one service pistol. It would be a handy place to store a car gun, and still keep it out of the hands of all but the most determined thief.

My ideal safe would be no larger than 2x6x9 and have a key lock and hidden electric release. You could lock it with the key so that the electric release was non-functional, and you could open it with the key if for some reason the electric release didn't work. In other words, the key would serve three functions.

Anyone know where to find this puppy?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Johnwill, I think you're going to have to make your own. I know this sucks, I'm in the same boat, but I haven't been able to find anything that will fit under the seat of my suburban.

You can get the keypad and such from radioshack, fabbing the metal isn't that hard considering that you can buy drawer units at the hardware store and through catalogs. Just have to think it through, plan it out, and get the elbow grease together.

------------------
When reason fails...

·
Banned
217 Posts
I've had a #4106-S for 4 years now. Very satisfied. The only thing that bothers the Simplex lock is Pepsi
and I can wash that out with WD40. I have mine mounted face up between the front seats in a Plymouth Voyager Minivan - a bit too close to the drink holders.

There is room for a full-size 1911 and the stereo faceplate. Two handguns can fit if you work at it.

The only downsides are (1) I should've bought the next size up and (2) I lost the directions for changing the combination after I changed it the second time.

I was broke into once and they didn't even bother with the safe.

------------------
Have a great day!

·
Registered
554 Posts
The point of my idea is that I don't want anyone to know there's a safe in my car, either passengers or thieves. I know, they can look under the seat, but that's not the first place most will look. I want the gun to be easily available when I need it, that's why I want the remote release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts