1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, another STI/American Handgunner match is in the books and I survived to get home and tell about it. Beautiful weather, great people and tons of fun were the order of the 10 days I spent in Montrose, Colordao. I changed classes this year and shot Open Revolver. We had a small class with only 9 shooters.

Here are the best bunch of shooters you could ask for. Names from left: Me, Tom Olwine, Pat Hogue (Hogue Grips), his son, Matt Hogue, Bud Bond ( this years winner in Open Auto class), Rich Eichelberger, Al Mann, Mike Denny, and , Mr. Revolver shooter, Jerry Miculek, Jr. Shooting on this squad had it’s advantages. You can learn a lot from the shooters here. You just have to watch close and pay attention. The lessons are very fast and not repeated very many times.
After the shooting was over and the steaks were eaten on Saturday night, I wandered around with my camera and took some candid shots of some of the shooters. I’ll put my captions under the photo, you can add your own.

Here we see Paul Nowak of Winchester and Pat Hogue of Hogue grips discussing the events of the week.
I’ll post more pictures later. Till then, Keep Shootin’---Pinman

------------------
KEEP SHOOTIN' PINMAN www.bcarmory.com

[This message has been edited by Pinman (edited 08-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Pinman (edited 08-02-2001).]

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Thanks for posting pics. How did you do?

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How I finished? You really know how to hurt a guy. I ended up in 7th place. I had no gun trouble, no misfires, no reloads, my optics didn't go out, no dead batteries, in other words, no excuses. I think if I plan on shooting in this class again I will have to take practice a little more seriously.

------------------
KEEP SHOOTIN' PINMAN www.bcarmory.com

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
The next best thing to playing and winning, is playing and loosing.
It's a heck of a lot better than not having played at all.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

1 - 4 of 4 Posts