1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend, and dealer, just got in a new stainless R1. I expected a good pistol, but I was incredibly impressed. Everything about it was top quality. The overall fitting of everything was outstanding. Slide to frame fit was tight and silky smooth. Honestly, it was one of the smoothest I have felt. Thumb safety also had a very smooth but positive "snick" when operated. Walnut grips were attractive and the steel finish was a very soft satin.
I am going to get one as soon as the means can be achieved. I am hoping this is typical of all the R1's you guys have experienced. When I do get around to getting one, I want it to be as good as this one was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got to look at a black R1 today and I was equally impressed with its fit and finish. Academy uses those stupid trigger locks on all their display guns, so I didn't get to test the trigger pull, but it cycled smooth and had a good tight lockup. Haven't seen a stainless up close yet, but they look really nice in pictures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.