1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've previously owned five 1911's - two SA's, one Dan Wesson, and two Kimbers. I've always liked the way 1911's feel and shoot over other pistols. But I normally am disastisfied with the products due to cosmetic or functioning problems. A lot of people chalk that up to the nature of 1911's. I think if I'm paying good money, I should get a well made, nice looking, reliable product. For that reason, I keep going back to Sigs or Berettas. But this week, I again took the plunge, and bought another new 1911 - my first S&W 1911. Have only put 160 rounds of hardball through it so this is my tentative impression. It's the best made 1911 I've owned. The insides are finished better than the outside of some of my other 1911's. Fit and finish are great. The first two shots I fired from it (at seven yards to see if the sights were okay) went through one hole - exactly one hole and they were exactly in the middle of the target. A fluke, I know. But I considered it an omen and brought the target home for the wife to ooh and aah over. Nice trigger, accurate, and reliable with good magazines. (I had one failure to feed with an old junk magazine I was trying out - discovered the spring was bound up inside). Mine has the billboard engraving on it and the thumb safety has a plum-colored cast to it. Like you, I'm a paper puncher, but also will use it as a nightstand gun. Reliability is the big consideration for me. So far, so good but I'll wait 'til it's broken in for a final assessment. My Sigs and my Hi-Power have never failed to do anything but go bang after many hundreds of rounds. I'll be interested in seeing how this 1911 stacks up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.