1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
my second (for now five 1911's) was a S&W basic stainless with fixed sights. great gun and one fine shooter. i have been fortunate to have had the luck to get 5 fine 1911's thus far. very pleased with the S&W and would buy another without hesitation. i recently decided to upgrade my S&W and the smith doing the work indicated it was a excellant platform for what i was planning......Kart barrel, custom bushing, ambi safety (i shoot for defensive interests) and magwell.

you won't go wrong with an S&W.

be safe, shoot well. :rock:

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
yo....pics are on the horizon as soon as the gun is back in my hands and shot a few times to see if she does what i was told she would be capable of doing.

being basically a defensive shooter i was completely happy with the way she functioned and shot out of the box.....tight groups up close and COM out to 25 yards which was fine for me.

i do like to try some nice easy precision shooting now and again so when i found i had the means to upgrade a gun to "custom" level i chose the S&W to do that with. i am looking forward to what is coming back to me. the smith doing the work has done a number of local guns and they have been impressive shooters in the hands of friends at the range i go to.

be safe, shoot well. :rock:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.