1911Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
sw1911pd said:
I bought a SW1911 PD last year. While the pistol wasn't pefrect out of the box, the best part of bying a S&W is their awesome customer service. Five day turn around times are the norm.
+1 on the customer service! :rock:

BTW, I have a 5" stainless, and my buddy just got the 1911PD commander size model. I love the feel of the PD, but I to be honest with you, after firing his, which went without any hiccups on its first outing, I like the softer recoil on my stainless steel 5" better. I'm not carrying it off duty, so it doesn't make a difference to me. If I was though, I might opt for the PD. Enjoy the new purchase and remember to buy the wifey something nice to make her forget. :biglaugh:

·
Banned
46 Posts
At this point, no I'm definitely not happy with my S&W.

My latest SW1911SC (and probably last) purchase has turned into a nightmare.

This is the replacement barrel, as received from S&W today after I sent
the original in for a recrown. It is obvious that it left S&W like this. It
was returned in a manila bubble-pack envelope which did not have so
much as a ruffle on it.

I also got the frame back today and it's worse than when I sent it in.
It is now 3-4 different shades. I will be calling a Supervisor tomorrow
and try one last time to get this mess sorted out. I haven't even had
a chance to fire it. The slide, frame and barrel all had defects right
out of the box. After getting these parts back I'm definitely not
very optimistic.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Se1911sc

Yikes, that's just not right. I'm sure Smith will correct that right away, sorry to see that you received the barrel like that.:mummy: :barf: Let us know he outcome, I'm sure they will take care of you. Keep us up to date on their response and service.

Best regards,
Joseph

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well First and foremost, Sigs are excellent guns. Their factory sights usually suck, their triggers are spongy but whatever keebler magic they use on their barrels it is amazing as they are some of the most accurate guns I've ever shot. So it's not a matter of converting you.

However, no gun collection is complete without at least 3 1911's and no matter how good your other guns are everytime you shoot them you'll say to yourself "I rather be shooting my 1911". I don't know why that is, it just is.

A SW1911 or springfield is a perfect place to start. The 1911 platform really gives you your money's worth when launching lead.

·
Registered
582 Posts

Still trying to find a load that will shoot out of my 945 as accurate as my stock Trophy, which cost 2/3's as much. It's been 100% reliable, is very well built, looks cool, but it's accuracy is not impressive. Tried Hydra's, Gold Dots, White Box, and 3 different handloads. Total @ a little over 2500 rounds. I own 5 S&W's with 2 being from the Performance Center. I'm satisfied with them all and plan on keeping them, but I am dissappointed with the 945's accuracy. I'll keep plugging away to see if I can discover what it prefers. Also, does anyone know if there is an aftermarket grip safety made for the 945 without that palmswell "bump"? Shoot often, shoot safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before I purchased a S&W 1911pd, I owned a Para Ordinace 14-45 LDA, a Springfield Loaded in Kote Green, a Kimber BP Ten II. I have also shot a Colt 1991, a Springfield Milspec, and a Kimber Custom II extensively (family owned guns).

I still have my Kimber BP Ten II, but the other guns have all gone, and the Kimber hasn't been shot since I got hte S&W. First magazine, I fired at 15 yards, slowly and carefully, and have NEVER shot that good of a group with a 1911 in my life. (Glockaholic, and used to do a lot of dry firing with them). I had 5 of the eight rounds touching in the red, and the other three were within an inch of the main group. The trigger was heavier than my other 1911's, (about 6-7lbs), but it had no creap and was damned crisp.

Reliability wise, it's on par with my glocks. i have yet to have a malfunction when shooting it, even thoguh I've tried to get it to jam by limp wristing, and not cleaning it between range trips.

A good trigger job by a competant smith and the gun is the sweetest I own, bar none.

I am VERY happy with my S&W 1911Pd, it's the only smith auto I like and it's the best gun I have.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.