1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They have a realy nice very large case cleaner regular price is 150.
But worry the thing would give out premature, anyone use/own one?
Most stuff goes on sale and also coupons by email so would be less than 150.
I normaly only buy cheap stuff like dust pan/brush ect not real items since scared it is disposible junk :confused:
I also wonder if it does has anyone had luck changing motors out? I have gotten plenty motors from Grainger for pur work tools in the past. So wonder if and when it or the smaller lyman i have had for 20+ years goes out if anyone has redone one with new motor?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I hear you. I used to only get the little stuff there but for the past few years have been buying a lot of my air tools there and also a tile saw that is as good as any I've used. I'm fairly confident in their stuff.

·
Banned
12,388 Posts
$150 ???

Which one is a hundred fifty bucks?

I bought their 5 pound vibratory three years ago when it was on sale for $30 (I think the best price now is $40). It's the same as the Lyman, Dillon, and all the others. In the last few years I've cleaned about 20 thousand cases.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which one is a hundred fifty bucks?

I bought their 5 pound vibratory three years ago when it was on sale for $30 (I think the best price now is $40). It's the same as the Lyman, Dillon, and all the others. In the last few years I've cleaned about 20 thousand cases.
They have a small one for 40-50 and a realy large one at 150 normal price:eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
i bought their 5 pound vibratory three years ago when it was on sale for $30 (i think the best price now is $40). It's the same as the lyman, dillon, and all the others. In the last few years i've cleaned about 20 thousand cases.
+1

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
340- the Lyman Pro 1200 is still only about $52 at Midway. Mine lasted 25 yrs of more use than most guys here will put it through. I put a new moter on that thing this past summer. It's going strong again. So, why go to harbor freight. the 1200 holds 300-400 45acp. If you need a bigger tumbler well, a big Lyman will cost you twice as much. I usually clean when I have 1-2 hundred of any caliber. I have thousands of brass in every caliber I shoot. But they don't sit idle for very long. I like to shoot, and I do shoot.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yep, I have that one as well. Been working good for a while now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I bought the large one 2 years ago and its lasted fine. Nothing much to wear out on it and the molded tub is heavy duty. I wont buy much from HF, but after looking at it and the price, it was a good deal so far.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the large one 2 years ago and its lasted fine. Nothing much to wear out on it and the molded tub is heavy duty. I wont buy much from HF, but after looking at it and the price, it was a good deal so far.
If you don't mind what did it cost? I know it will go on sale soon or later or a coupon will get sent out.
FYI I had my lyman 1200 running for 3 days straight {16 hours a day}
So realy want a new one that is larger plus could run both:)

·
Registered
922 Posts
I had the smaller one and it burned up after about 6 months use. :grumble: It seemed to be a better quaility than what I had seen. It was quiet too. I didn't overload it. Or run it for days on end... I even thought about buying another. Then this happened.

When I bought the Harbor Freight/Chicago Pneumatic Tumbler, I had a three year old Franklin Arsenal. Cheap and loud. Not that swift. So I was at first really pleased with the CP vibrator. I replaced the burned out CP a few months back with a Hornandy. So far no problems. The Hornandy is a cheaply made unit, not as nice as the CP and cost more. Just couldn't buy another CP after the first one burned out.

So now I have the Hornandy and the FA. The Hornandy is quiet, there is no bottom or screened in bottom like on the CP. The Hornandy doesn't even have an on/off switch. If you turn it upside down you just see the motor hanging in the plastic housing. The bowl and lid are similar to the CP. But no rubberized washer, center rod support and top washer.... Too bad my CP burned out. I did really like it.... Rather than try and replace the motor, I pitched it...

What happened is, I keep my reloading stuff out in the garage. The wingnut on top of the lid, even with the rubberized washer, would work loose. I tried everything, cranking it down, whatever. Then the nut that holds the bowl to the rod/motor would work loose. I'd crank it down. All would be good for a while. Then I'd hear it again out in the garage. Upon entering the garage I would see the bowl turning and both the top wing nut and the bowl nut would be loose. The rod would be so hot you couldn't touch it. Finally I went out to the garage and... it was toast.

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
I bought one last night when it went on sale. I will post how she works over the weekend. If it doesn't work for the brass, I can use it as my outdoor Port-O-Let:biglaugh:eek:r let my girlfriend sit on it to read National Enquirer:eek:...............TW

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought one of those a year or so ago after picking up tens of thousands of pieces of some really tarnished brass.
I ran it pretty much non-stop for weeks and never had a problem.

Its a good unit if you have a ton of brass to clean.
Its about the only thing electrical I'd recommend from Harbor Freight.

Trey

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That may not be the one the one they had was large like that and blue and regular price was 150.
That would put it at a normal minus sale or coupons cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
HF warranty

Their extended warranty is a good deal. For less than $10; 5 years (maybe its 3) no questions asked. You get a new one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts