1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached are pics of my hard chromed cbob. Chris Peters at Metaloy did the chrome job and cleaned up my ignition with a nighthawk custom sear and an STI trigger . I would recommend him, he does great work. I also installed a EB hardcore extractor, EGW angle bore barrel bushing, and EGW square Firing Pin Stop, and STI titanium firing pin.
Anyway, heres the question. This cbob shoots about 1 1/2 inche to 2 inches high of point of aim. Anybody know why this may be happening and how to remedy? I am now working with different reloads to see if that makes a difference. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
lower the rear sight, or raise the front sight.

The bushing change may have influenced POI

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
very nice, looks great with those grips !
I would agree, the bushing may be locking the barrel up in a slightly higher position than before. Send an email to George at EGW, he's very helpful and generous with his time if you have a question. I used a straight bore EGW bushing on mine, didn't change the POA/POI at all as far as I'm accurately able to shoot, and it might be a cheaper/easier fix than messing with your sights...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys for the input. I'll look into the bushing issue as well as experimenting with my loads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts