1911Forum banner

Hard chrome coating a 1911SC?

1225 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  ShipWreck
I have a hankering to hard chrome coat my S&W 1911SC. It is in the Commander size and has the "bill board" markings on it. Has anybody tried to have a SC pistol hard chromed and, if so, how has it worked/not worked?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
614 Posts
I haven't had my Scandium "Commander" hard chromed yet , but i have had other aluminum framed semiautos hardchromed , including a couple of SIG's. I used Ron Mahovsky at Mahovsky's Metalife and have had absolutely no problems. Ron nickel plates the aluminum frame prior to hardchroming them. His finish is outstanding.
Joe

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Man, that looks sweet.

1 day, I will have my TRP w/ armory kote redone. I've had a complete gun hard chromed before, and I don't want to do it again.

I love 2 tone - w/ a black slide and solver frame. I thought about doing NP3 and Roguard, but Roguard is too much of a shiney black. So, I thought I might just keep it black afterall.

That looks pretty cool, though. It will take me a little while to get used to asilver slide, black frame. But, if it grows on me, maybe I will do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.