1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got one in stock and I am really thinking hard about keeping it! I am usually pretty good about leaving the merchandise at the shop, but they look even better in person. ROSANGHAL, is it worth the money?

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aloha! I appreciate the repeat business, but that's just a buck or 2 short :) Are you trying to talk me into keeping it? I almost brought it home, but I am still thinking. I just got a new Brown Bobtail Commander this weekend, or I wouldn't have given it a second thought. I love that hard chrome finish on the TE.

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

· Registered
1,048 Posts
Originally posted by Greg R:
I just got one in stock and I am really thinking hard about keeping it! I am usually pretty good about leaving the merchandise at the shop, but they look even better in person. ROSANGHAL, is it worth the money?

Hey Greg

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm recouperating from the National Tactical Invitational that was held last week and I'm now trying to catch up with work that was neglected while I was away.

I'm going to post some observations that were learned from the NTI and Blinder was there also. It was cool getting together with him and putting a face to a username and hanging out. We learned a lot and for me, again, it was a humbling experience.

I'm at work now and don't have much time to write but as soon as I get a chance probably at the end of this week I'll post my observations on the pistol.

Ross T.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I look forward to your input and hearing how the shoot went.

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try to get one up on Thursday, but anyone who saw my attempt at posting pics of the gray guns will know why I say "try". I 'll see what can do, though.

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

· Banned
553 Posts
Greg,
Email me off line--what are you asking for it? I just picked up a Les Baer TRS hard chromed and I already have an Ed Brown Bobtail. But I love the Wilson, and the TE looks very nice. How would you compare to the Brown Bobtail?

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I e-mailed earlier today. We are closed due to the 12" of rain we received this morning, but we should be back tomorrow. Oh well, at least I won't have to water the yard for a few days.

I think the Tactical Elite is comparable to the Brown. Bill Wilson says that the same guy (or 2 guys, I don't recall for sure) who builds the Super Grade builds the Tactical Elite, and it takes the same number of hours to build as a Super Grade, so clearly a lot of hand-fitting goes into the gun, but it's about $800 less than the Super Grade. From a business/ man-hour standpoint, I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued the Tactical Elite.

I don't ever cut the ties off, so I haven't examined the inside of the gun, but the fit and finish around the mag well funnel , beavertail, etc is all very nicely done. The matte hard chrome looks really nice, and I'm sure I don't have to tell you what the test target is like.

I like my Brown Bobtail enough to pick up the line (and I have been wearing it quite a bit, too), but I think Brown, Les Baer, and all the rest could learn a lot about packaging their guns from Wilson. I hate to drop $1,500-3,500 to get a gun with a cheap rug or wrapped in brown paper in a cardboard box, with only 1 mag. Bill WIlson is one of the few in the gun business who really understands marketing on all levels. I have never had a guy buy a Wilson and complain about feeling cheated when he opens the gun case. I can't say the same about some of the others, regardless of how good (or just expensive) their guns may be. Anyway, that's my .02 Now where is ROSENGHAL?

------------------
Greg Rodriguez
Mombasa Trading COmpany
281-494-4151

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.