1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new C7.45 Para. It came with one 7 rd mag...(whatever happened to the days when you got at least 2 with each new pistol?) I looked locally and only managed to find a Kimber, blued, 7 rounder, which I bought. I emailed Para and asked why there was a paucity of Para mags, and they very courteously sent me 2 new mags for the C7. Times may have changed, but Para Ordnance obviously still has standards of customer service which are not always found. On another note: I recall very well the Saturday morning in 1977 when I got off duty and went to a gun store and bought a new-in-the-box blue Colt .45acp Government...for $100.00. (It came with two Colt magazines.) Those who have recently bought Paras, or Colts for that matter, will understand when I say, "STICKER SHOCK!!!".

·
Registered
363 Posts
I use the Para mag that came with my C745, one that came with a Kimber Ultra II, one from a Springfield Ultra Compact V-10, and 2 Chip McCormick Shooting Stars. They all work, but work better with Wolff springs and they all look like McCormicks to me. I think any reputable brand 7-round officer 1911 mag will work. I would not pay a premium for the "factory" mag (but I will take 2 if they are giving them away!). By the way, I put an aftermarket round follower in one and the mag works great - but I can't get it out and it converted the 7-rounder into a dandy 6-rounder.

·
Banned
277 Posts
I WOULD pay a premium for the mags If it means reliability. I have a C7 and it has been finicky. Factory mags work w/o fail. Shooting stars feed 100% now that I put Wilson spring kits in them. Unfortunately the slide won't lock back on the last round (probably out of spec) so they're dedicated range mags. Ironically the worst offenders are a pair of Wilson 10 rd Bueracrats. They fail without fail in the weapon and they are an arm & a leg to boot! I have a pair of Colts as well. they had a few hangups, but the verdict is still out since I have recently replaced the spring/follower with a Wilson Kit. I'll know soon enough about those.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I threw away the mags that came with my C7.45 LDA and replaced them with Wilsons (8 round). The ones that came with it didn't work; the Wilsons are perfect.

Same problem with an * shot Colt mag for a LW Commander. Wilsons and Chip McC's work fine.

HiCap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts