1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of putting together a pistol for use in CMP National Trophy Pistol Match competition. I've got the basic rules down, i.e. no beavertail grip safety or Commander-style hammer, no extended or ambi thumb safety, no extended mag well, but I was wondering if any of you out there could clarify if a few other modifications are allowed:

1. Flattened and serrated top of slide
2. Serrated rear of slide
3. Black-T or similar finish
4. Checkered bottom of trigger guard
5. Forward cocking serrations

·
Registered
949 Posts
Enzyme said:
I'm in the process of putting together a pistol for use in CMP National Trophy Pistol Match competition. I've got the basic rules down, i.e. no beavertail grip safety or Commander-style hammer, no extended or ambi thumb safety, no extended mag well, but I was wondering if any of you out there could clarify if a few other modifications are allowed:

This should provide the information you are looking for.... http://www.bullseyepistol.com/

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maj Tom:

Thanks for the link, but I've already journeyed through there on my quest and was unable to locate info on these remaining mods. I may have to resort to calling the CMP tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Enzyme said:

5. Forward cocking serrations
1. No.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. No.
5. No.

Remember the basic guideline for the Service Pistol: It has to look like the basic 1911A1, as issued. The only external mods permitted are:

1. Adjustable rear sight.
2. Different, high profile front sight. Dovetails are OK, but they must be installed so that the contour matches the slide.
3. Checkering on the frontstrap and the MSH is OK.
4. Lowering and flaring of the ejection port is OK, too.
5. An adjustable, match trigger is OK.

Anything other than that is generally not permitted.

Your best bet is to order a copy of the NRA Pistol Rules. You can find the most comprehensive advice concerning the Pistol Rules at the link provided by Maj. Tom. I would also recommend subscribing to the Bullseye List.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts