1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Stainless Commander back from John Harrison yesterday and could not be happier :)

Machined dovetail and installed front white dot sight, Installed rear retro sight, fit H-D Hard Use DLC coated trigger and Harrison Slim Grips...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388242844.786326.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388242861.052664.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388242884.230887.jpg

John is a true gentleman and a real pleasure to deal with. The workmanship is epic and I'm already thinking on the next campaign of work ;)

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Not to thread hijack, but I've been looking to replace my stolen 1991-series blued Commander with that same model. Is that a recent production pistol? How is the overall fit and quality of that Colt? How much did you give for it?

The quality of blending on that front sight is superb, by the way. John does some of the best work you can get! I also like the solid trigger. Never liked the holey ones as much.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that a recent production pistol? How is the overall fit and quality of that Colt? How much did you give for it?
PM Sent....

Just got home from the range after putting two hundred rounds thru the new and improved Commander....To sum it up in one word, "Flawless!"

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
awesome piece, man! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback....

Happy New Year to all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts