1911Forum banner

Harrison Design Peerless - Pics

3K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  Snorkel 
#1 ·
This is a pistol that I built a few years ago as a display piece to showcase my work to potential customers. It is essentially my Peerless package with some options. I never got around to posting pics of it so I thought I'd fix that.

I started with a Caspian Race Ready carbon steel receiver with the Tactical mag well cut and mated its oversized rails to a Caspian carbon steel slide; both in Government Model configuration. I fitted a Kart chrome-moly match barrel in .45 ACP with a EGW bar stock slide stop and EGW thick barrel bushing and a Wilson 2-piece full length guide rod and plug. A EGW GI length plug and guide are included as well. The muzzle was given a high polish, deep crown and the slide stop pin was shortened and countersunk. An EGW ejector, Wilson extractor, EGW firing pin stop, firing pin and appropriate top end springs take care of the feeding and ejecting business.

The slide was flat topped and serrated 40 lpi with fluted side borders. I machined ball cuts and heavy lower bevels and hand-serrated the rear of the slide 50 lpi. I lowered and fluted the ejection port and tuned for live-round ejection. I used my HD-002 rear sight made for the Springfield LPA cut. The front sight is a MGW dovetail sight, serrated 50 lpi and fitted with a .060” white bead. All edges and corners were hand cut for Carry Bevels.

The fire control system consists of C&S Slotted Commander hammer, EGW strut and HD-101-N short smooth face trigger. The pull is set at 3.0 lbs., crisp. I used an Chip McCormick beavertail grip safety and Wilson Combat 423 ambi thumb safety to do the manual safety duties. The main spring housing was round-butted and checkered 25 lpi. An EGW pin set holds everything in its place.

The front strap was high gripped and checkered 25 lpi with top & bottom borders and a smooth lower section for no-snag. The mag well opening is beveled out its largest possible size. A H-D magazine catch handles the mag latching and un-latching business. H-D Carry Groove grips give a solid purchase on the pistol, but are easy on you and your clothing during concealed carry. The finish is polished flats on the slide with matte rounds and frame in black IonBOND DLC.

Now for some pics :D

See less See more
#15 ·
WOW John!

That weapon is superb...Awesome work and Thanks for sharing...

#20 ·
Many guys will probably never learn to fully-appreciate the nuances of work done at this level (which is certainly no strike against them), but this is an extraordinary piece. One of those 1911s that you can lose an afternoon in trying to take in the detail work and getting a sense for how carefully things were and are fit to the gun. The kind of stuff that you can't really hope to glean from a photograph, unfortunately.

John is an incredible talent with a phenomenal sense of balance. Can't help but be pleased for whoever it might be that ultimately finds a way to liberate this pistol from his bench.

AC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.