1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a trade for this a couple weeks ago with someone and I do believe this is something special... It sure may have been his service pistol I just want to try to find some information on it without divulging too much information if you know what I mean... Appreciate any help anyone can give me! Note the insignia on the back of the slide.. contacted Les Baer and everything matches up for the model of the gun and the configuration but they have never engraved that insignia as far as they would say anyway. I've never shot a better 1911.. the trigger is more than perfect then a perfect 1911 trigger.. the action is the Goldilocks of tight... I gave it to some friends and told them to be mean to it and they all felt bad and cleaned it when they were done... No matter what this pistol is it is what it is already and then some.... And it's got mad mad mojo?.. just want to see if anybody knows anything as far as the insignia goes.... I've asked everybody and nobody knows anything... Apparently it was a custom job but I don't think so... The engraving is perfect and has gold leaf remnants in it. First post on this forum and I appreciate any help anyone can give me... Thank you for your time you gun crazy sum bitches...馃槈馃槈

e bit of time more than even the old man himself would have for what this went for as a production model. The trigger is full business!.. the action is perfect and then someone took a file to the ass and I will say!... Makes me think somebody with a green hat had some use with this just wanted to make my assumptions clear?

Registered
Yeah, that's the Special Forces crest. There are probably a dozen trophy shops outside Fort Bragg that could laser engrave that. I am not aware of ANY 1911s still in (official) service, of any make. SOCOM is issued Glock 19s (or 17s) these days. It was probably the personal pistol of an SF soldier at one time. Who knows who performed the bubba 'roundbutt' job or why it was done. IMHO it really screwed up a nice pistol.

Premium Member
It is not uncommon for military folks to receive or buy guns and other SWAG with unit logos/badges/emblems/rates/branches when they transfer or retire. I have two, but they were not used at work. I received one when I retired and another has custom grips with agency shields laser engraved.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw an Alien once and he had a green hat to.

Don't forget to eat your vegetables 馃寛
I feel you on the vegetables!.. thank you for the reinforcement on that!
Yeah, that's the Special Forces crest. There are probably a dozen trophy shops outside Fort Bragg that could laser engrave that. I am not aware of ANY 1911s still in (official) this was a lightningservice, of any make. SOCOM is issued Glock 19s (or 17s) these days. It was probably the personal pistol of an SF soldier at one time. Who knows who performed the bubba 'roundbutt' job or why it was done. IMHO it really screwed up a nice pistol.
Yeah, that's the Special Forces crest. There are probably a dozen trophy shops outside Fort Bragg that could laser engrave that. I am not aware of ANY 1911s still in (official) service, of any make. SOCOM is issued Glock 19s (or 17s) these days. It was probably the personal pistol of an SF soldier at one time. Who knows who performed the bubba 'roundbutt' job or why it was done. IMHO it really screwed up a nice pistol.
This was a late '90s build according to Les Baer... I don't know anybody that would do such a horrible job rounding out the ass like that unless it was a field job or... Really who knows it's definitely a pistol you just don't mess with!.. the trigger is stupid technically if it wasn't a 1911.. super light and this thing cycles like no other... my buddies and I have been being real mean to this thing and it is blowing our minds.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is not uncommon for military folks to receive or buy guns and other SWAG with unit logos/badges/emblems/rates/branches when they transfer or retire. I have two, but they were not used at work. I received one when I retired and another has custom grips with agency shields laser engraved.
Thank you for your info I just don't understand why somebody would take a file to a perfectly good pistol.. it's obviously had more work done than what came out of Les Baer also.. the trigger is ridiculousy light and the reset is even better than the best 1911 I have ever shot it is technically perfect because it is a 1911.. you just don't have your finger anywhere near the trigger unless you mean to fire.. I bump tested it and it is completely safe just like a regular 1911.. it will definitely crack the sear though with a good wack to the grip safety.. this thing shot as good as a 1911 race gun that is tuned and it will not fail... Unicorn gun!.. just want to try to finish some info on it and I thank you for your time kind sir. Thank you more for your service also!

Registered
Thank you for your info I just don't understand why somebody would take a file to a perfectly good pistol.. it's obviously had more work done than what came out of Les Baer also.. the trigger is ridiculousy light and the reset is even better than the best 1911 I have ever shot it is technically perfect because it is a 1911.. you just don't have your finger anywhere near the trigger unless you mean to fire.. I bump tested it and it is completely safe just like a regular 1911.. it will definitely crack the sear though with a good wack to the grip safety.. this thing shot as good as a 1911 race gun that is tuned and it will not fail... Unicorn gun!.. just want to try to finish some info on it and I thank you for your time kind sir. Thank you more for your service also!
I strongly suspect that alcohol - and poor judgement - were involved in that bubba roundbutt job.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I strongly suspect that alcohol - and poor judgement - were involved in that bubba roundbutt job.
Yeah starting to think that also..lol.. it was a good trade just for how the things shoots and the mystery of it!.. going to keep it just the way it is...pretty much have to have a reload party just because of this gun at this point... This sucker shoots and spits out everything even the cheap lead practice rounds we have all day long... Whatever it is it's something special and so fun to shoot... And that's all that matters!.... Thank you for your time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.