1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for another pistol, am trading some other guns that I'm tired of for a new one. I've been eyeing the Armalite AR-24.
I want something in 9mm, that has a capacity of at least 15 rds, and has a barrel length of at least 4.7" (5 - 5.5 preferred), and has double and single action capability.
I've been thinking hard about the Springfield XD Tactical 9mm, theres one at my local gun shop, and I've been handling it every time I go there. It has a 5" barrel, my biggest concern, but, it's only single action, and thats a turn off for me. I like to carry my handguns chambered with hammer down, safety off, and have a long, hard, double action trigger pull as my safety... but want the option to be able to cock the hammer, and have a light, single action trigger pull for precision shots - so I don't like Double Action Only pistols (I have one, that I bought over the internet, an FN Forty-Nine .40 S&W DAO, that I didn't do my research on before buying it, and now I can't get rid of it, everyone who is interested in it looses interest the moment they feel that horrible, mushy, 50 lb. trigger pull lol).
I already have a Beretta 92FS, which fills all of the requirements I have, but I want something different. I also have a CZ 85 Combat, which is almost identical to a CZ75, so that won't work either... I'm just personally dissatisfied with that one (I won't get into that - it's just a personal preference thing, I don't want anyone to think that it isn't a nice, hefty, well-made precision weapon, because it is).
Anyone have any thoughts on the AR24?
Also, as for the SA XD-Tactical - they have a 9mm and a .357 Sig model there. IF I bought the 9mm version, could I buy a .357 Sig magazine and barrel and switch calibers? I'd like to have the .357 Sig as a defensive and home defense round, but have the option of 9mm because of it's availability when the zombies take over lol.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
since I have three EAA Witnesses

Naturally I was interested in ANOTHER CZ clone, so I handled two so far.

Nice.

I'd just buy another Witness, though (get their catalog and check the offerings....)

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
I have an AR-24. Nice good CZ type pistol. The only drawback is it won't take CZ75 or the older small frame Witness Magazines I have. The frame on the AR-24 is to long. If you didn't already have a CZ85 this wouldn't be a problem and depending on how you store your mags it may not be a problem anyway.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
heads-up

Thanks for the heads-up on the mag thing, 'cause I gotta lotta Witness/CZ mags (that all work splendidly in my Witnesses).

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Why not a Browning Hi-Power, I know it doesn't have a couple of your creature features, but it is decent shooting and old stand by. YMMV

·
Registered
545 Posts
REAL BHP's are Single Action Only.......

and.....they are VERY NICE!

·
Registered
21,980 Posts
You cannot reasonably convert a 9mm P to .357 SIG. The usual is to convert a .40 to .357 (or vice versa) because they have the same head diameter.

Sounds like you need to look at a Sig-Sauer of some sort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts