1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a shoulder holster for cold weather and long drives. I've read a lot of good things about the Alessi Bodyguard. I came across the Fist #70 today and it looks extremely nice, plus it remedies my major concern about shoulder holsters, which is having the muzzle sweep everything behind me. It also looks like it might be a little easier to conceal. For those of you who have seen either of these in person or used one, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have owned 4 bodyguards over the last 20 odd years....al top notch....the fist seems to be a bit bulkier....

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a Alessi Bodyguard for my 1911. It works great. There seems to be an acception to the rule about never pointing a hangun at something you don't intend to destroy,when it comes to horizontal shoulder rigs. A gun is considered safe. When it has been secured in it's holster. And the hand is no longer on the gun. I don't think Mr. Alessi or any other holster maker would sale a holster that they didn't think was safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's safe and it doesn't bother me too much, but with all other factors being equal, I'd prefer it pointed towards the ground. I've re-read Sawbones' review and I'm about 90% sure I'll order the Alessi, but I just wanted to check my other options. The only other decision that remains is one magazine or two (G19).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts