1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
23,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not really sure. But I was at sportsman's warehouse the other day for a few things. And powder and primers were about cleaned out. Plenty of bullets and loaded ammo. But I have not seen the powder and primer selections that low in a long time.

It may just be here in Virginia, as a lot of people here are on edge in general of late. What are we seeing in other parts of the country?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Going to a large gunshow here in Missouri on Saturday and hope to get a feel from the folks there. The sentiment at gunshows in general is fear of our elected officials, especially those that openly condemn most gun ownership.

I often wonder what a Revolutionary War Soldier would think of all this control over our freedoms. They'd probably think England won the war.

·
Premium Member
9,005 Posts
I would venture to guess that sales this year will ebb and flow with the polls... yes the fake polls. As Creepy Uncle Joe, Pocahontas and Comrade Bernie compete against the Donald, the fake polls will do the same exact thing they did in 2016 with Hitlary. They will try to convince the world that Trump will lose. By March and April we should get a better picture whom will likely be the Democrat candidate. I seriously doubt they can beat the Donald but that won't stop the fake news media from proclaiming a Democrat victory, which will spur panic buying.

But a much more real concern is losing the Senate.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I bought a 60 year old Colt single action the other day so I can be ready. :)
Great choice! I hope it is .45 Colt! Single action revolvers can help you become a better shooter, especially the fixed sight models.

Not many pistols or revolvers shoot as well with one hand as a Colt SAA!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Wait until the

next shooting. There will be another shooting, and the commie pricks will campaign on it until November. :barf:

That will cause an uptick in sales for sure.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have not seen any panic in the gun shows I have been to lately in Reno and Northern California. No long lines as the doors open, very few sales as they make their first pass around the tables, lots of people leaving empty handed.

There have been more guns for sale at these shows for as long as I can remember. The prices have stayed fair and the same goes for ammunition. It was just the opposite during the Obama years. There is no panic or apparent need to panic in these parts.

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
Business is steady in our store...and has been since September. But I've not seen any evidence of panic buying.

Yet.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I've noticed an uptick in people filling out Form 4473 for guns in Academy Sports and people standing in line to be waited on or perusing the gun cases. The ammo isle has a lot of traffic too, with some gaps on the shelves where 5.56, 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP is found, but appears to be restocked pretty quick. I don't believe it's panic buying either.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
As PolymerMan mentioned, I think demand will ebb and flow with the polls. Demand will peak as we get closer to November, and major media polls hype that "Trump has no path to victory." Just as they did last time around. I admit that last election, I was taken in. I believed that CNN's, and most other media polls, had some validity.....

The current situation in the Old Dominion might serve as an example of what we will see come November. I do not look forward to it, and wish the decent folk of Virginia well....

·
Registered
39 Posts
There probably is in Virginia. I think there's been a slow uptick since late last year and the buying will pick up the closer you get to November. Depending on the election results, lot's of stuff could be out of stock online by midnight/1am election night.

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Any gamblers here? Vegas odds are favoring Trump.

I actually not only expect Trump to win this round, I also suspect he will try to get a 3rd term, regardless of the limit.

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
Haven't seen any noticeable panic buying at the local LGS.

But I did see some police trade-in 870 shotguns for cheap! THAT I noticed!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been on a buying panic since mid 1992. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
8,291 Posts
Any gamblers here? Vegas odds are favoring Trump.

I actually not only expect Trump to win this round, I also suspect he will try to get a 3rd term, regardless of the limit.
Ya know, that’s not a bad idea......
Just do it for the hell of it!
Those dipwads on the left would be scrambling trying to figure out if it was even legal, suing him for no reason, wasting more taxpayer money on investigations.......all the while, the next Republican slides into office using that as a distraction.

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
It's always panic buying!!!
Racing to the LGS before ElleMae finds other uses for the $$$$. :eek:
Fortunately I have a friend in the jewelry business. :rock:

Firearms for the kids/grandkids are not subject to the above. :rolleyes:
Actually I decided to buy the young ones Stocks for their portfolios.....
..... with Winchester leverguns attached and wheelguns in matching calibers. :D

1 - 20 of 67 Posts