1911Forum banner

Has the KZ45 $995. Been Raised. Mine just was!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PT-Partners 
#1 ·
In March of last year I ordered a KZ45. End of Oct, I had kidney cancer surgery. When I got home the gun shop left a message that my gun was in and they would hold it three days. This was Nov. 3rd and I called right away. They said it had been sold that morning. I ordered ,over the phone another one from them right then. No one said a thing abought an increase in price . Two months ago I bought a full sized Springfield from them and was told the Wilson would still be awhile. Still nothing about a price increase. Tonight I received a call that my gun was in. " Great I said". My $995.00 was now $1089 plus tax.Was told wilson dealers had jumped their prices. I told the guy I was aware of this , but the KZ was still advertised on the internet and all the gun mags. for $995.00. He said he would talk to the boss tomorrow,but thought the price would stand. I understand supply and demand, after all I had agreed to full retail(twice).The guy probably has another buyer in the wings. Is this anyway to do business? After all I am a repeat customer and thought we had a deal. By the way I got back into collecting 3 years ago and have purchased 28 guns during that time. Not all from this guy though. I'm curious have any of you had similiar experiences. It is not even the money, just the whole lousy experience of trying to buy one gun!

#2 ·
First, I hope your feeling better and the operation was a success!
If you have given these people a deposit, get your money back and give Terry Peters a call. Check the links section and click on P&T Partners. He might have a KZ with adjustable sights. Terry as advertising it not long ago. However, even if he does not, call and talk to him. Terry is a stand up guy and would never treat a customer this way.

As far as I know, the KZ has not gone up in price. I heard it might during the summer, but it should still be offered at the 2000 prices. Call Terry and order one through him. He gets several Wilson's each month and will probably have a KZ coming in the near future. He'll do right by you.

#5 ·
Please read my post KZ45 and Gun shop woes, in the general section of 1911 forum. It appears it was an individual employee and my temper that was the problem. The shop made it right with me and I will do business with them again. To Wilson- sorry and I love my gun.

#6 ·
Peak

As far as Wilson KZ-45's going up. The guns have not.

There probably will be a price increase on them (the KZ-45) this summer.

I do know the policy on Wilson paying shipping has changed. Shipping is now charged to the buyer whether dealer or individual. (posted on page W1 on the order form)

That shipping charges IS NOT $100. It is about $25 on one gun.

Yes, I had three KZ-45's in stock (2 adjustable and one fixed). I now have one.

Be safe

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com

P.S. Price have gone up on many other manufacturers also. Got dinged an additional $50 on the H&K USP. Any of you looking for one may keep that in mind.

[This message has been edited by PT-Partners (edited 02-16-2001).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.