1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you wanted to send off a pile of parts to someone to build you a 1911 out of, who would you pick? If they have a website, post a link. So far I'm thinking the Gunsite custom shop.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Three of my four 1911's were built or customized by Ted Yost.
The fourth (LW CMDR) was customized by Brant Sabau at GG&G.

Two are my range/school house guns and two are my carry/IDPA guns (primary/spare concept). Only one pistol (my custom Caspian of course) had some "teething problems", but I got it worked out within the first 500rds.

Now all four go "bang on demand".

regards

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tim Brian

A true craftsman and artisan.

I wouldn't send Tim or any other good smith a "pile of parts". Most of them are pretty specific in which parts they prefer.

Best Regards,
Hank

·
Super Moderator
13,411 Posts
Larry Vickers and John Harrison.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Ted Yost.

http://www.yost-bonitz.com/

He made my 2nd custom Delta Elite, and it is just unreal. I had to shoot about 500 rounds through it to realize just how unreal it is. Neat guy to talk to, too.

Had a good experience with Dane Burns, I had to sell the Delta Elite he did for me for financial reasons. Only problem with Dane that I can think of is that is backlog is stretching into geological time lately.

http://www.burnscustom.com/

·
Registered
541 Posts
CastleBravo: if you've been happy with D.B. that's ur deal and good for you.....but myself not so much.........u can p.m.if you'd like, as I don't knock peoplethat have been banned in this forum.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I second this recommendation. Tim is the man when it comes to crafting steel into artwork that shoots like a son of a &^%$!

HankL said:
Tim Brian

A true craftsman and artisan.

I wouldn't send Tim or any other good smith a "pile of parts". Most of them are pretty specific in which parts they prefer.

Best Regards,
Hank

1 - 20 of 56 Posts