1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 10each of the following combinations ready for testing this weekend. Some are probably on the low side, but Im just starting out and if they dont function the gun then thats ok with me. Mainly looking for light shooting target/pin loads.

3.6gr Clays
200gr lswc
wlp

3.9 gr Clays
200gr lswc
WLP

~4.5 HP-38
200gr lswc
wlp

5.0 gr HP-38
200gr lswc
WLP

3.2 HP-38
147gr lfp
WSP

3.9 HP-38
125gr lrn
wsp

1.9 gr Clays
147gr lfp
wsp

2.9gr Clays
125gr lrn
wsp

I also pick up my shipment of powder from PV this weekend. After reading a lot, Im looking forward to trying out some Solo1000. Also have Power Pistol, Bullseye, TG, WSF, WST in that shipment also.

Just wish I could find enough primers to go with all this powder!:biglaugh:

This forum and Brian Enos forum has been most valuble to me in the last few weeks. Thanks to all the helpfull posters!:rock:

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
JD,
Please don't load your reloads to low, or you might get a bullet stuck in the Barrel. Good Luck Buddy.

Clyde

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, none are below published data. 1 shot at the time and there better be a hole in the paper! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Even though it is published minimum it could be to light. You could save yourself a lot of time and money and just get some winchester 231 or alliant bullseye and just play with differant charge weights. The hp-38 is the same powder as 231 if you cant find the 231. Anyway it looks like you are having fun and that is what it is all about. :)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Look like some good Bullseye loads for the long and short line, as least as the .45 is concerned. Don't know much about .38. When your shipment comes in try these:

4.0 of BE
4.1 of Solo
4.2 of Titegroup
4.2 of WST

I have 10each of the following combinations ready for testing this weekend. Some are probably on the low side, but Im just starting out and if they dont function the gun then thats ok with me. Mainly looking for light shooting target/pin loads.

3.6gr Clays
200gr lswc
wlp

3.9 gr Clays
200gr lswc
WLP

~4.5 HP-38
200gr lswc
wlp

5.0 gr HP-38
200gr lswc
WLP

3.2 HP-38
147gr lfp
WSP

3.9 HP-38
125gr lrn
wsp

1.9 gr Clays
147gr lfp
wsp

2.9gr Clays
125gr lrn
wsp

I also pick up my shipment of powder from PV this weekend. After reading a lot, Im looking forward to trying out some Solo1000. Also have Power Pistol, Bullseye, TG, WSF, WST in that shipment also.

Just wish I could find enough primers to go with all this powder!:biglaugh:

This forum and Brian Enos forum has been most valuble to me in the last few weeks. Thanks to all the helpfull posters!:rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts