1911Forum banner

Have these Carbon Creations Grips?

3380 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  ShipWreck
Does anyone have these particular Carbon Creation Grips? If so, please post a pic of your gun. I have a black 1911 - a TRP w/ Armory Kote (no rail). I am trying to see how they look on a black pistol. I have only found 1 pic so far...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I appreciate your effort to find that.

I;m trying to see what they look like on a black gun, though. In that Operator pic I found, the frame looks like a different color, I guess do to the flash. So, i was looking for other pics

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took another pic of my gun and tried to photoshop the grips onto it - this was the best I could do:

I kinda think they would look okay. I want to see a pair in person, if possible, to feel them before I spend $89 on a set of grips, though...

· Registered
501 Posts
Here is a pic of my 1911.

I liked the Carbon Creations so much I also installed a pair on my SS Colt XSE in place of the factory Rosewood grips.

· Registered
735 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Ok, thanks. I appreciate your effort to find that.

I;m trying to see what they look like on a black gun, though. In that Operator pic I found, the frame looks like a different color, I guess do to the flash. So, i was looking for other pics
Yea, I saw that after finding the pick, sorry about that.

CG.

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Konza said:
Here is a pic of my 1911.

I liked the Carbon Creations so much I also installed a pair on my SS Colt XSE in place of the factory Rosewood grips.
On the checkered portion of the grips, I assume that part feels similiar to wooden checkered grips, right? They are coarse enough on the non polished/checkered portions?

· Registered
1,316 Posts
Blue

The blue look great on my TRP. I could get away with them for duty use because it is hard to see from a distance but look awesome up close!

· Registered
1,668 Posts
ShipWreck said:
What's the texture like? Is the checkered portion like a checkered wood grip? Not very slippery?

My 2¢, as the former owner of Carbon Creations grips:

The checkered portion is perfectly checkered with very sharp checkering. *But* the uncheckered portion is very smooth, especially if your hands are wet or damp. YMMV though! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.