1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Last I heard they were just waiting on DOJ and ATF approval for import. Made by GSG the guys who brought you the very popular .22 lr H&K MP5 type of carbine and pistol. GSG also makes an AK .22 type.

The 1911 they are making is supposed to be steel and you can change out grips at least, and maybe a few other controls to kind of tweak it for your taste. Should make a nice, inexpensive 1911 type .22lr to have gun with.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think it's a conversion, not a complete gun

salu...

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's a complete gun, by the same folks who built the now-deceased GSG-5 MP5 clones. Word on Arfcom is that the GSG1911 will be in stores circa late January.

American Tactical (the importer of these) just brought in Turkish HK-licensed MP5 clones too. I'm trying to figure out how to scrape together the cash - $1400 for the variant that can be turned into a Navy MP5, $200 NFA tax, $150 trip the gunsmith for cutting the barrel/adding a flash hider, $100 for a foreend... $2k for an 8" barrel semi-auto MP5 that should go bang every time.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
It is a complete gun. The one in the pic looks like a two piece frame as it is screwed together in front of the trigger guard bow, but that is a pic of an early prototype and not the final gun.

I don't have the links on hand, but there has been a lot of discussion on it on various forums, especially the rimfire ones. It is supposed to be better than the Chioppa 1911.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't have the links on hand, but there has been a lot of discussion on it on various forums, especially the rimfire ones. It is supposed to be better than the Chioppa 1911.
it looks much better than Chiappa.

Chiappa looks like a toy

salu...

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Well now, that is a mighty interesting-looking little gun right there. My favorite dealer is also the local distributor. Thanks for the tip on this. I am going to have to make a call to reserve one of these little jewels.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a GSG-5SD that runs 100% and is very well built. I'd be very interested in one of these since my kimber conversion kit runs less than perfect.

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
Puma has one out now.

I saw one the other day at a store near me. The guy said he is going to be selling them for about 269.00$ I may get one or I may not.

My two cents. :rock:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I saw one the other day at a store near me. The guy said he is going to be selling them for about 269.00$ I may get one or I may not.

My two cents. :rock:
I was just using my patented mental bs propagator to determine an approximate price based on their retail of $359...$275 and just under was what I concluded. :)

I haven't seen anyone post the tech details, so here they are:
http://www.gsg-waffen.de/index.php?...category&layout=blog&id=62&Itemid=100&lang=en

Doing the conversions it does appear to be good weight(34.8oz), and a trigger pull of 4 1/4 - 5 1/2 lbs.

More photos:
http://www.gsg-waffen.de/index.php?...=category&layout=blog&id=61&Itemid=99&lang=en

1 - 15 of 15 Posts