1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at the Dan Wesson 1911's for some time now. I've not owned a commercial 1911 for years but really fell for this one. Dan Wesson Valor Commander with their Duty Finish in 9mm. Have not fired or even pulled the slide back yet but have cocked and dropped the hammer one time. Hope to have a free afternoon soon so I can take it out to play,
IMG_4249 (1).jpg
IMG_4249 (1).jpg
IMG_4249 (1).jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Been looking at the Dan Wesson 1911's for some time now. I've not owned a commercial 1911 for years but really fell for this one. Dan Wesson Valor Commander with their Duty Finish in 9mm. Have not fired or even pulled the slide back yet but have cocked and dropped the hammer one time. Hope to have a free afternoon soon so I can take it out to play, View attachment 614235 View attachment 614235 View attachment 614235 View attachment 614235
Nice looking pistol. Next thing you know you’re going to want some more 1911’s . They are like peanuts you got to have more than one. 1911’s Forever

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I, too, have a 9mm Valor. It’s my favorite shooter of my 20 odd handguns. It shoots like a laser - and the Duty Treat is as tough as nails. After seven years and thousands of rounds through it - it still looks new.
But just as we have to avoid COVID - there are chemicals you have to avoid making contact with the DT finish. Look over this thread for some tips: CLP, Duty Treat, & lube
Good luck and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
6,694 Posts
I hope you take it apart to remove the goo in there and lube it up before you get to the range.

Enjoy,
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts