1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard on the radio yesterday that a woman who knew a guy by face only naively gave him a ride when he asked but unbeknownst to him she packed a .380 semiautomatic in her purse at the request of her room mate.

When she followed his directions she found that he had lead her to a deserted area and when he attacked her in the car she got out and tried to run and he grabbed her. She then managed to get the gun out and shot him once in the stomach and ran.

By the time she summoned police and returned a short time later he was dead right where she shot him. And the police questioned her but released her as it was self defense.

The funny thing is this never made it to television news. And it occurred to me that these stories NEVER makes the 6 o'clock news when it is a gun that SAVES someone's life but let a little kid find a parents gun and accidently shoot themselves and it is ALL over the news!

Funny how many of us (I am guilty too) obsess over self defense ammo and knock down power and this poor sap gets killed with one small .380 round.

This is another PRIME example of why a well placed shot is better than having the biggest gun.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Glad things went her way, both in that she gets to go home at night and that no charges were filed.

As far as well placed shots: I wouldn't really consider a belly shot to be optimal but hey, it got the job done. Really makes you stop and consider the fact that you just never know how much firepower it'll take to pull your bacon out of the fire. In the end, even .380 beats chunking rocks. I know my sister-in-law packs a Sig 230 look alike (Bersa maybe?). She's confident in the gun and her ability with it so I'm just glad she takes her own safety seriously.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The lowly .380

My wife carries a SIG P232 in .380. I kinda wish she'd step up to a 9mm., but it's her call. Keep in mind, though, with modern smokeless, the little .380 is in the same league as the .36 revolvers used by a host of gunfighters to put an even bigger host of non-gunfighters in the dirt. No, a howitzer it aint, but it's no pea shooter, either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts