1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new guy here. Ive decided to get into the 1911 arena. I currently own only Tupperware. As an entry into the 1911 world, I have developed a fondness for the Taurus PT1911, the railed version in particular. Previously Id stay away from Taurus, but have read pretty good things about the PT1911.

Heres my current stable of plastic. ;)

1. Sigpro 2022 9mm
  2. M&P 9mm
  3. Glock 19

My next purchase(after my other AR15) :D

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Do your homework before diving into the 1911 pool, many offerings of good and not so good features depending on what ya get. I try to stay away from the 1911's with all the x-tra safeties and external extractors (K.I.S.S. rule).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I may re-think the Taurus.

·
Registered
23,210 Posts
There are so many choices out there in the 1911 world that it is hard to make a choice, and the choice you make will probably not be that bad.

My quote of the day:

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
-Winston Churchill

·
Registered
633 Posts
DANCESWITHGUNS said:
Do your homework before diving into the 1911 pool, many offerings of good and not so good features depending on what ya get. I try to stay away from the 1911's with all the x-tra safeties and external extractors (K.I.S.S. rule).

I agree with this totally... although, after this post you replied "Thanks, I may re-think the Taurus."

The Taurus has an internal extractor, and the only x-tra safety is an ambi-thumb safety, which near all high-end 1911 makers (Les Baer, Kimber, Wilson, etc) all also offer.
I have owned a few Taurus', and the PT1911 is the only one that I would be willing to bet my life on. I own a few other good 1911's, and the Taurus is as good or better than any of them. Would make the perfect first 1911 IMO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PT 1911 1B Rocks

To date it has been the finest out of the box 1911 I've ever owned. It has features that I've spent a ton of money on with other weapons. Now my PT has 'em and there are under warranty for the life of the weapon. But, more importantly it shoots well, accurate and with out one FTF (failure to fire), and I've sent el-crapo to high dollar, to reloads down the pipe.

I wish they had a SS in a 3.5" barrel,.......:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer has a railed one, I'm gonna check it out this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts