1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is the height of the RIA Tatical front sight I want to buy a Green Optic front sight.

Any Suggestions for manufacturer?

Thank you in advance for help.

:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
It is .180 high (plus or minus .005). Mine was .175.

I have a 9mm Tactical and I sent the slide to Dawson to have them install a FO front sight. I was going to just order the correct height and do it myself, but I thought that it might turn out better if they did it. Good decision as I talked to an employee at Dawson and I was informed that RIA has 3 different front dovetail widths and that Dawson has sights for each. They said that the front dovetail cut has not been constant. So if you order a sight to install by yourself, you may find that the dovetail may not match your cut.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Mine was .184 and shot looow at 20 yards. So I filed mine to a point I wanted to print at. File your front till it groups wee you want it and then contact dawson precision about a sight in the nearest height and in a width that works best for you.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good suggestions by both of you.

Mine is a Tactical 9mm too.

I'm fortunite - mine is dead on point of aim - I just add Green Fiber Optic front sights to all of my gun.

What's the best way to contact RIA?

:confused:

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Good suggestions by both of you.

Mine is a Tactical 9mm too.

I'm fortunite - mine is dead on point of aim - I just add Green Fiber Optic front sights to all of my gun.

What's the best way to contact RIA?

:confused:
IMO the best way is to call them at 1-775-537-1444 or 1445
Fusion Firearms also has the FO for the RIA pistols Call Bob Serva he can help you to find the right height.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is their answer - thankls to everyone for the help - fast answer too :rock:

"Hello Don,

Thanks for contacting us. Our factory front height is .180”. We use a Standard Novak Dovetail so any aftermarket sights for standard Novak cuts will work. Gunsmith fitting is required. "

Thats what I needed to know

:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is your Tac a Full size or a Compact version?
The reason I ask, Is I have a Compact version and want to change out
the sights on it. So if that the common height of both sizes, then I know
what to get for mine.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Is your Tac a Full size or a Compact version?
The reason I ask, Is I have a Compact version and want to change out
the sights on it. So if that the common height of both sizes, then I know
what to get for mine.
My tactical CS and others are same height.
In fact, I ordered .375" height rear sight, based on the recommendation that the officer/compact usually use higher rear sight.

And it shot too high. I had to file the rear sight down from .375" to .325", which is height of full size tactical rear

·
Registered
195 Posts
thanks for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts